The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Garden Tillered up and ready to plant. Bought new black plastic this year. I`m thinking there has to be a better way to cut holes in it for the Plants.Hate crawling around on my Knees trying to cut kinda round holes.Anyhow, I was talking to my oldest Son and He told me just to get out the Post Hole digger, double shovel type, and plant away. Works great1 two strokes and you got your hole in the plastic and the Hole dug. Works for me....

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
If you want something lighter,try the hand held propane torch.I would make a few practice holes to get use to the torch.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
When I used to use black plastic, we just cut an X in the plastic, didn't actually make a hole.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
+2...but I kinda like the idea of using a shot of 10-10-10

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
Put Plastic Down...Put Dirt or Rocks on the sides to hold it down in a row you plan to plant...

Walk along, 2 people, 1 with an old broom handle with a point on the end...push the broom handle down thru the black plastic about 3 inchs into the dirt and push side to side...person following puts plants in and just pushs a little dirt around plant

PRESTO..No back breaking Cutting on your hands and knees, and you have a hole that is just right for the plant to grow out of!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts