The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Andrew Luck is the latest big name player to suffer a serious injury. He will miss 2-6 weeks with a lacerated kidney. It was reported that he was playing with broken ribs prior to the kidney problem.

I don't remember so many big name players going down like they are this year. IIRC, it started in pre-season with Kelvin Benjamin and Jordy Nelson.

·
Registered
16,450 Posts
I don't remember so many big name players going down like they are this year
I was thinking the same thing riding to work this morning when I heard the Luck news. Heck, just for the Steelers, 4 starters out. Ben (multiple games), and Pouncey, Bell, Suisham, out for the year. With as many touches, including punt returns, Antonio Brown has been getting, I'm waiting for him to be next.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Williams supposedly has a bum foot now, too. Hopefully he can practice today.
Ben was not ruled out for Sunday's game either.

Luck's injury is pretty scary though...and could have been life threatening. Guess it isn't always the best decision to "man up" and play through the pain, esp. with broken ribs...they can slice and dice you from the inside if things go wrong.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
It's knowing what injuries you can play through. Ben COULD play on Sunday (unlikely). If it was playoffs, he would. When he had the aorta thing going on, he cannot play. If playing will make it worse, you probably shouldn't.

·
Registered
39,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Eagles just lost their best LB, Jordan Hicks, to a torn pectoral muscle. He was having a great rookie year. Now it's over until 2016.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
McCown is dealing with some of the same issues Luck was with broken ribs. The Browns haven't ruled him out this Sunday. Dude is 36 years old. What the heck are they thinking?

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Buckethead said:
McCown is dealing with some of the same issues Luck was with broken ribs. The Browns haven't ruled him out this Sunday. Dude is 36 years old. What the heck are they thinking?
Are you aware of the franchise you speak of?

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
Buckethead said:
Some of my closest friends are Browns fans. I know full well of the franchise I am speaking of.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Buckethead said:
steelerfan58 said:
Buckethead said:
Some of my closest friends are Browns fans. I know full well of the franchise I am speaking of.
I've seen a similar phenomenon with women. A girl who is a 6 at best will surround herself with friends who are 4s, making herself appear to be an 8.

·
Registered
20,433 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
Buckethead said:
steelerfan58 said:
Buckethead said:
I've seen a similar phenomenon with women. A girl who is a 6 at best will surround herself with friends who are 4s, making herself appear to be an 8.
New math?

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
Buckethead said:
steelerfan58 said:
Buckethead said:
It does help soften the blow of a Steelers loss. They don't give me any crap about it because well, they root for the Browns.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
I had to work with a group of Browns fans last year. When they were in 1st for 10 minutes last season, the fans were like "just let us enjoy this, we know they'll somehow screw it up."

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Danesdad said:
New math?
No. I have a couple pics on my phone to send to girls. I'm 5'7. For the pic, I got a 5'4 and a 5'2 coworker to be in the pic with me. I look a lot taller, but the 5'7 didn't change. Similarly, a girl who is a size 10 looks quite different next to a size 16, as opposed to a size 2.

This is the SF58 Theory of Relativity.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts