The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just getting into shooting a mid 70's bear recurve and am curious as to what you all use for an anchor point. I've found under the chin uncomfortable, and am having a hard time getting the string to touch my nose when I use the side. Thanks for your advice and suggestions.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I found a high cheek bone anchor worked best for me.
I held the string directly below the arrow which put the shaft at eye level. I used pinched nocks and my nock point was tied in directly above the nock to prevent sliding. Your able to look directly down the shaft which seemed to allow me to point more instinctively and with great accuracy.

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
I shoot three fingers under, lock the tip of my thumb onto my earlobe and then touch the feather with the tip of my nose...hold for 2 seconds and let 'er rip!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Split finger shooter here. I anchor my middle finger to the tooth behind the eye tooth, similar to Byron Ferguson. I just don't shoot quite as well as he does.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I shoot split finger. I put the top finger (index) in the corner of my mouth. Years ago I shot a compound with a release instinkively, and put the cock feather in the corner of my mouth.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
What is your aiming method? That, I would suggest, should be a big factor in your anchor point. I use the split vision method and I anchor with the off feather vein right under my nose. I also shoot "3 under" which permits me to get the arrow right under my right eye. Are you right / left handed and what is your dominant eye?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts