The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In WW2, Great Britain suffered very much from the Blitz. Nightly bombings of London killed thousands. Children were sent to the country to live with strangers to escape the destruction and death. German guns and rockets in Normandy could reach their shores. The danger of a German invasion by sea or air was a very real horror for them. In order to prepare for that possibility, the Home Guard was organized and equipped with whatever functioning arms were available. American citizens even donated hunting rifles and shot guns for the British Home Guard. I.C.I. Kynoch packaged percussion caps for use by the home guard. (They were also used to ignite some other weapons) Imagine a modern industrial country where the citizenry was so poorly armed and desperate that they dusted off 100 year old muzzle loaders to use against a possible mechanized invasion force with automatic weapons.

Take what lessons from this that you will.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
What would they do today with their obscene gun laws? Guess their only option would to be bend over, place head between knees and kiss you know what goodbye.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
What I took from that is we can't let the good old USA take away our gun rights or well be fighting for our survival with whatever we have laying around, muzzleloaders, black powder, etc. Disarmed populations are much easier to control. When a person is pointing a gun at me I don't want to be empty handed or holding a muzzleloader.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Adolph Hitler....Not a real bad looking dude...An Orater....A Silver tongued devil.

One of his first directives upon coming into power was unilateral disarmament......That way He could be the King of Germany.

That singular prime directive started one of the most horrific periods in documented history.

I don't want the 4th reich.....I'll just keep 'em oiled and ready.

·
Registered
12,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In 1939, he said that handguns are the tools of gangsters and thugs and have no place in a civilized society. Does that sound like some of the speeches given lately?

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
If they are the tools of gangsters and thugs, then why does the secret service and the liberal's bodyguards carry them.

I would expect a civilized man to carry a pen. You know the one the tell you to use when unarmed and confronted by a armed gun men.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts