The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering the timing of the proposed laws. Has anyone been receiving their ammunition that you may have ordered? I noticed that (unless I'm missing something) 223's do not exist on the Cabelas site anymore. No backorder, no sold out notes, no nothing. Any information about this? And have you been receiving your orders from Cabelas?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I ordered some 45-70 ammo from Cabelas on Monday, I got it today

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Cabelas had 5.56 online Sunday. Lasted about 15 minutes, my buddy ordered 12 boxes and got it yesterday.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My order has been pushed back a little. I guess they don't want to take more backorders until they fill the orders they have already taken. At least that's what they are saying now.
I found some 30 round pmags in a store the other day. They were all gone by the next day.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bearhunter jay said:
Hope your not buying from them.
Do you mean from Cheaper than Dirt? I have never bought anything from C than D. I just like to check availability at different sites.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
ALL GUN sources are wiped out. 223, and other popular calibers are non-existent. Those who have it are charging alot cuz they know no one else has it. 223 for 60 cents a round, 9mm for 25cents a round, 7.62x39 for 35-40cents per round...(or as the media says, "bullet")

Even obscure things like brass, bullets, even Dies are gone, backordered, but not available now. I'm currently set up to load 9mm, and I can't find components anywhere. Reloading supply places have empty shelves. Been to a gun store lately? Lots of customers, but empty shelves.

All Evil guns are sold out, everywhere, and the few that you see here or there are double normal due to the scarcity of them. Not just "assault rifles", but everything...Try to find a high cap pistol mag right now, expensive and rare....plenty of hunting rifles.

It's supply and demand. Right now, there's no supply, and A LOT of demand.

I've placed some orders for mags and ammo in the last 30 days, and it's about 2 to 3 week time to get product. I just got a package today that was dated Jan 4 invoice date.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I was told by a friend who works for ATK ( Speer, Federal, CCI, RCBS, Weaver, BlackHawk, etc..) that the ammo companies involved in that organization have EVERY single round that they can produce for the next 4 years spoken for already. They are currently 4 years behind in production to fill the orders.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I ordered 12 boxes of 7.62x39 from Cabelas the other day and it should arrive Monday. It was Herters, $6.99 for a box of 20. If I find some at the local gun shop next week when we go to buy my wife a .38 pistol, I'll buy more.

·
Registered
665 Posts
5.56 and 223 is very hard to find.i found a store in ohio that had .bout 30 boxes of 223 and 556 .brown bear 9.95 a box.5 box limit .got 5 from gander mt other day federal 5.56 55 gr 9.95 a box also.u have to be there when it comes in or u wont get it its so limited.and for cheaper than dirt there a joke.they have the same ammo i just got at gnd mt.20 rounds 35 dollers.its crazy.but glad i got some at all.ar15 ammo is so hard to find.i have 200 rounds so far but looking for more before its all banned.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ammoseek.com is a good sight to find ammo online. It updates on a regular basis, so you can see what's out there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts