The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

401 - 420 of 431 Posts

·
Registered
23,297 Posts
Yes they are. But good move in just biting the proverbial bullet and stocking up while you had a chance.

Think of this. You find some other brand, likely an "economy" brand, and then the buck of a lifetime is missed. Be beating the head off a tree.

If you know the rifle has a sweet spot for CoreLokts, and you can snag a "lifetime" supply at a price that while stinks, is something you can afford, well, take that unknown off the plate and go with what you trust. Hunting has enough challenges, confidence in the gun should not add to it.

She puts the knockdown on a giant with one of those $2 rounds, you'll be like, dang, that was worth it.
she got this one, with one shot at 130 yards, 2 years ago.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Local rural king has had a pile of Norma 22LR on the shelf lately. $9 a box I believe. I got a box to try, and it shoots good, but the wax they use on the bullets is very soft and gets all over your hands while loading.

·
Super Moderator
6,251 Posts
Local rural king has had a pile of Norma 22LR on the shelf lately. $9 a box I believe. I got a box to try, and it shoots good, but the wax they use on the bullets is very soft and gets all over your hands while loading.
Saw the same shells at Rural King’s Butler, Clearfield, and State College stores. Lots of ammo at all three...but it ain’t cheap.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
That stuff is sitting everywhere, for about the same price. Norma must be very proud of it at that price point. It's definitely not selling very fast.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I haven't seen a box of anything that didn't go as fast as the set it out. Trouble was not what I'm looking for. Glad Remington has stepped up production. Probably selling it to the Chinese. Haven't seen a Remington shell for months.
They were bankrupt and not producing any ammo at all. Cerebus ran Remington into the ground on purpose to extract as much money out of them as possible and to load them up with debt.

·
Administrator
15,119 Posts
Well we're out in Oklahoma visiting the grandkids an bringing them and mom back with us for about 6 weeks.
Loads of almost all ammo. Shotgun rifle and handgun.
Prices are pretty normal out here but purchases are limited to 5 boxes a day.
I've been paying $16.99 for 50 rounds of 9mm.
I've seen 308 and 3006 going for 19.99.
Seems like normal life out here but our daughter and son in law said ammo started showing up in stores about a week ago.

PS Not all calibers are available.
.22's ,38 ,308 ,3006 ,3030 ,6.5 ,9mm , 40 , 45's.

·
Administrator
15,119 Posts
at those prices, you could stock up and make a fortune when you get back. :LOL:
I got myself and a good friend of mine plenty of 9mm and 45's to keep us busy on the range for a long time.
Tomorrow I'll hit Bass Pro with the wife and daughter and git some more.
They have a 5 box limit per customer.
Academy Sports and Outdoors has the 2 box limit.

401 - 420 of 431 Posts