The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

381 - 400 of 431 Posts

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
Was at a local auction last night and bought 1 box of 20 gauge for $ 20. 00. They wee selling other shotgun shells at 2 03 in a lot for $ 35.00 to 50.00. They also had some .308 and .22`s but forget what they went for. Didn`t stick around for them to sell the guns. Had to get home for my meds and supper.

·
Registered
719 Posts
an employee at rural king in butler just told me that they got 20k rounds of remington 22s the other day and sold them for 37 a brick. he said they were gone the same day that they put them out.
That's only 40 bricks in York county they would have been gone in less then a hour

·
Registered
58 Posts
prices are starting to come down slightly [no where near pre pandemic prices], noticing ammo is not flying off the shelves as quickly as they go on sale (online)

·
Registered
355 Posts
dunhams in natrona heights had a lot of 9mm , 45 and 40 cal ammo on the shelves. also some rifle ammo including about 40 boxes of remington core lokt 180 grain 30-06 for 29.99 a box.

·
Registered
99% archer 1% suppressed rifle.
46 Posts
I'm noticing the shortage is easing up just the tiniest bit. Prices are still higher than pre-covid, but there is ammo available on the shelves most days for a much wider range of calibers. Hopefully people are getting their fill, have spent their biden relief money, and manufactures are finally ramping up production.

Reloading supplies are still widely unavailable though.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I guess when politics/elections swing back the other way and things calm down we would be wise to know it’ll only be a short matter of time till it swings back to panic buying again. This seems to be the new normal which isn’t likely to change. Looking back, after the Obama years I was tempted to stock up on loading supplies as they became available again but I didn’t because prices seemed unreasonably high. I would now be happy to stock up at those prices. /: Lesson learned......

·
Registered
11,711 Posts
I'm noticing the shortage is easing up just the tiniest bit. Prices are still higher than pre-covid,

The shortage is easing up but the prices are over 3Xs normal for handgun ammo. Just today I received an email flyer for 9MM that I shoot for competition. I normally buy by the case and prior to the latest crisis I payed less than $10 a box. The same ammo is "on sale" today for $37.95 a box.

Reactions: octagon

·
Registered
21,784 Posts
The shortage is easing up but the prices are over 3Xs normal for handgun ammo. Just today I received an email flyer for 9MM that I shoot for competition. I normally buy by the case and prior to the latest crisis I payed less than $10 a box. The same ammo is "on sale" today for $37.95 a box.
Thats too much. By about three times.

·
Registered
11,711 Posts
I just received this in an email. This is some of the 9MM I had been purchasing for $180 to $190 a case (1000 rounds).

Reactions: bohunr

·
Registered
23,297 Posts
i just bought the last ammo i'll ever buy at these pirated prices. my wife has her late fathers, savage bolt action 30-30, she is deadly accurate with that as long as its loaded with remington core-lokts.
for the last 18 months i could not find them anywhere and she is down to her last box of less than 20 rounds. i bit the bullet and grabbed 4 boxes at close to 40.00 a box not including shipping.
she is happy, i am happy. i have more than enough ammo for every gun i own, i grabbed all the rest when prices just started to climb but by then 30-30 was no where to be found.
by the time i ended the online transaction at least 30 of the available boxes were sold (limit of 4 per order) a few hours later they were all gone.

these prices are insane.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
i just bought the last ammo i'll ever buy at these pirated prices. my wife has her late fathers, savage bolt action 30-30, she is deadly accurate with that as long as its loaded with remington core-lokts.
for the last 18 months i could not find them anywhere and she is down to her last box of less than 20 rounds. i bit the bullet and grabbed 4 boxes at close to 40.00 a box not including shipping.
she is happy, i am happy. i have more than enough ammo for every gun i own, i grabbed all the rest when prices just started to climb but by then 30-30 was no where to be found.
by the time i ended the online transaction at least 30 of the available boxes were sold (limit of 4 per order) a few hours later they were all gone.

these prices are insane.
Yes they are. But good move in just biting the proverbial bullet and stocking up while you had a chance.

Think of this. You find some other brand, likely an "economy" brand, and then the buck of a lifetime is missed. Be beating the head off a tree.

If you know the rifle has a sweet spot for CoreLokts, and you can snag a "lifetime" supply at a price that while stinks, is something you can afford, well, take that unknown off the plate and go with what you trust. Hunting has enough challenges, confidence in the gun should not add to it.

She puts the knockdown on a giant with one of those $2 rounds, you'll be like, dang, that was worth it.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Came home from a 5400 mile road trip to Yellowstone and every thing between, Stop at gun stores,Walmarts,and 1 show. Just as bad finding ammo out west as here!. Found and bought 2 boxes of 45/70 federal 300 gr at $32 a box, 3 box of remington 30-06 180 gr. core - loc at $19 each. 3 box of 270's remington 130 gr for $20 each. plus 1 box remington 30-06 accelerator 55 gr. " ghost round " from the 80's for 20 bucks. I didn't check :( collector round I suppose. Did see 308's that I should have bought for someone at $18. That's it. Lots of bear spray for 40 to 60 dollars a bottle, didn't buy any knowing I can out run my wife:giggle:

381 - 400 of 431 Posts