The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

261 - 276 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
9,439 Posts
Dad remembers when he was a kid and lived on my great grandfathers farm they put their milk in the old milk cans and haul them into Sunbury the the milk place and home again. He remembers on some Sundays they would scim the cream of the top of some of the cans and make ice cream. on Sundays they didn`t test the cream. He also drank milk out of the teat hen milking.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Reading this reminds me of reading a recent article about the markup on a new off road truck and then reading the subsequent comments section. "Greedy stealerships" marking up the truck $20,000-$50,000. I'll never go there again!!!" But why are they doing this? Because just like ammo, we have people who are not very bright and pay extreme prices for it. Once all our professional daily shooters get tired of prepping, we'll get back to normal. It'll just take another year or two fro prices to stabilize.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Just saw a news article about a shooting at a gun store in Louisiana. My first thought was that I hope to God it wasn't over ammo. But, I wouldn't bet against that after reading thru some of this thread. People are insane, out of control, NUTS!!

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Just saw a news article about a shooting at a gun store in Louisiana. My first thought was that I hope to God it wasn't over ammo. But, I wouldn't bet against that after reading thru some of this thread. People are insane, out of control, NUTS!!
No. The store manager told him he could not open carry in the store and that he'd have to conceal it. So he drew the pistol and shot the manager in the head. He was then shot by other patrons

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I love sliding in at the last 3 or 4 seconds and winning the auction. I also always bid in odd amounts. I see the next bid in yours is $2.00 more, so I would make all of my bids a few cents more, so if someone bids in even dollars you can take it from them for a few cents more. Good luck, hope you get them!
I have never bought a firearm on line but I bid on quite a few vintage slipjoint pocket knives and I use the same tactics you do. I usually miss time it and gt burned in the last 5 seconds or so but its fun. I figure if I win more than a third of the auctions I'm bidding in I'm probably paying to much.

Reactions: bohunr

·
Registered
599 Posts

No. The store manager told him he could not open carry in the store and that he'd have to conceal it. So he drew the pistol and shot the manager in the head. He was then shot by other patrons

"NEW ORLEANS (AP) — An ammunition customer showed no sign of anger or agitation before he launched a sudden shooting rampage at a New Orleans area gun store, the local sheriff said Monday, two days after the attack left three people, including the shooter, dead."

"Lopinto said Williams and his brother, Timothy Williams, had gone to the store with Timothy's two children to shop for ammunition. Joshua Williams had a loaded gun with an extended magazine. Noticing this, an employee told him that loaded guns were not allowed in the store."

“There was no argument between the two,” Lopinto said.
Timothy Williams fled the store with his children after the shooting started. Lopinto said he cooperated with authorities and couldn't explain his brother's behavior. He gave authorities a statement and “basically said his brother flipped out,” Lopinto said.

Reactions: bohunr

·
Registered
991 Posts
Dad remembers when he was a kid and lived on my great grandfathers farm they put their milk in the old milk cans and haul them into Sunbury the the milk place and home again. He remembers on some Sundays they would scim the cream of the top of some of the cans and make ice cream. on Sundays they didn`t test the cream. He also drank milk out of the teat hen milking.
I remember all of that, and milking by hand.

261 - 276 of 276 Posts