The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sheeesh. I just went to Shyda's gun shop to get a box of .35 Remington. $24 with tax for Remington 200 grain

I haven't bought 35 Rem for a few years but I never remember paying more than $15 a box for it. Is this really what you have to pay now to get some 35 Remmy's?

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Check out the prices to have them shells stuffed w/ pemium Nosler bullets yet? Upwards of $40-50 a box.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The other thing that got me is the 150 grain Core-Lokts are the same price. That's 50 grains less per bullet or another words 1,000 less grains of bullet in a box and they cost the same price? I used to reload .35 Rem back in the day and I may have to get some dies again.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Most places would be a couple bucks more than that now for 35 Rems. There is some pretty hefty inflation in most all products and services but the government claims inflation is low.

The UN has a big meeting going on in New York to organize a world wide gun ban; call the NRA for the details. There are some states considering a lead ban on bullets as well;(California already has it) but that's not part of the UN agenda.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Price is biggest reason I fired up my reloading press again, can still beat the factory prices by quite a bit and when I harvest game with one I rolled myself it just feels better.

·
Registered
893 Posts
The last factory 35rem I bought was alot of years ago and I remember being hard up to get some then and paid 14 dollars for a box of 200gr corelokts.
The problem I have had as of late is finding those same bullets in reloading components.
I got a ton of 180gr speer but I really just like the 200 core lokts better

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To top it off there was a dud in the box. $24 a box and one out of the eight I fired is a dud!

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Call up Big Green and complain....maybe they'll send you a box or something. You never know these days....

I roll my own. Factory ammo has gone through the roof for most calibers. When I built my 444 I was originally interested in a 450, but didn't want to load my own due to the lack of shooting this rifle will see. Turns out in the end I bought and loaded 100 cheaper than I could have bought 40-60 rounds....dies included!

Midway usually has 200gr Core-lokt's in stock. Check out Midsouth and Natchez too. I can never find them locally around here. If you were closer I'd loan you my dies or load them up to your specs for you if you wanted. Heck, dies are cheap, just get a set and go to town.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Moosehunter,
I have a 338 federal. Did a lot of research and that caliber, for me anyways, is amazing. It is my Elk, Moose, large game caliber.
Federal is the only manufacturer to make the cartriges. Basically $50 per box. Premium bullets. I knew it going in and am not dissappointed. Just have to plan when I budget the ammo cost and also availability. Every time I go to Cabelas I pick up a box. I am just about at the point that I have enough to last me the rest of my life, given how much I shoot it.
It is all expensive. Even my AR is starting to cost alot

·
Registered
706 Posts
I don't see why you would ever stop reloading in the first place, honestly. Ammo prices are why I started reloading, especially for hunting ammo. I can reload a box of Partitions/TSXs/Accubonds/whatever for about the same or less than factory Core-Losses.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
moosehunter said:
Sheeesh. I just went to Shyda's gun shop to get a box of .35 Remington. $24 with tax for Remington 200 grain
You mean you paid that?...You should have just walked out...I can load you a box, Save your empties.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Scorpion said:
I don't see why you would ever stop reloading in the first place, honestly. Ammo prices are why I started reloading, especially for hunting ammo. I can reload a box of Partitions/TSXs/Accubonds/whatever for about the same or less than factory Core-Losses.

I never said I stopped reloading. I just stopped reloading 35 Rem.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
moosehunter said:
Scorpion said:

I never said I stopped reloading. I just stopped reloading 35 Rem.
Well you already know the solution then!

I reload because I want to save money, have EXACTLY what I want in my ammo, and because I enjoy the bejesus out of it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts