The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
28,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
True or false? i dont know but i got this from anothe site, thought i would pass it on, its not mine,
ammo only being sold to the Government?

You may not know this but George Soros owns most of the ammunition manufacturing companies and many arms manufacturers as well. He's selling ONLY to the government right now, per WH & DHS orders. My son works for ATK, who owns just about all the rest of the ammunition companies that Soros doesn't own. He tells me that ATK has been ordered by the federal government to curtail sales of ammunition, primers and powder to the retail market. What you see currently on the shelves is old stock and what's left in the warehouses since the CT shootings and new stock will NOT be appearing anytime soon. ATK and Soros' companies have more than enough government contracts to keep them going for years to come.

Like Soros' companies, ATK is a huge defense contractor and they've been told to sell ONLY to the DOD, TSA, FBI, DHS and local/federal law enforcement agencies. This is VERY scary and VERY ominous for what's coming down the pike in the future.

My son has seen the proposed pricing schedule for Federal, CCI, Hornady, Remington, Winchester and several other ammunition manufacturer's lines of ammunition, components, reloading equipment (ATK owns Outers, RCBS, Hoppe and a host of others) and he's flabbergasted! As an example, when the sales of .22 LR bulk ammo resumes, the pricing will be over $50.00 for a 535-round Value Pak! That's nearly a dime-a-shot!! They're also going to raise the prices by 300 - 400% on dies, presses, powder measures and the like. He's in management there at ATK in Salt Lake City and they're NOT happy with it at all! They firmly believe this will basically shut-down the civilian market while leaving the government as the only purchaser of their products. He saw the government pricing for the centerfire ammunition they've been stockpiling and their prices have actually dropped from a year ago so the feds are buying this stuff REAL cheap while we can't even get our hands on it at all!

Something I've always said since Obummer came onto the scene in 2008 is that, even if they can't actually ban the weapons themselves, the government will make it nearly impossible for us civilians to feed them with ammo, reloading components and the like. The WH doesn't HAVE to actually ban the guns, as Biden said in one of his many faux pas, foot-in-the-mouth, Freudian slip speeches he's famous for making. " All we have to do is to make it too expensive to use them and the public will eventually give them back to us if we offer an attractive price for these weapons". What's an "attractive price" - a $10.00 Walmart gift card for a $3,000.00 custom hunting rifle? Those were his EXACT words in one of the speeches he gave to the freshman congressmen last week! Remember, Biden was one of the architects of the Clinton gun ban of years ago. I think he's as dangerous to the Second Amendment as Obozo is, maybe more so, because he's so stupid and doesn't know the muzzle of a gun from the butt...

Feel free to pass this on so gun owners will be aware of what we're up against. I doubt the NRA can do anything about it, IMHO. La Pierre can get on all the talk shows he's invited to and cry the blues about the assault weapons laws that are forthcoming from the WH but the real crux of the matter will be whether or not we'll ever be able to purchase ammunition (at all) or, if we can, what we'll be paying for it.

As an aside, here, I deal a LOT with Midsouth Shooters Supply for my reloading components. Two weeks ago I ordered 500 cases each of .45 Casull, .44 Magnum, .357 Magnum and 9mm Parabellum. I was told everything I had ordered was out-of-stock and no in-stock delivery date was being forecast. They wouldn't even accept a back order for this stuff! Think the government isn't manipulating it? Think again, my friend.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
My main suppliers are getting better each week. No where near stocked up, but better. Bought powder today, 3 types, all off the shelf. 22lr ammo and 30 cal component bullets are the current out of stocks, simply because they are the vast majorities main guns. Some place have plenty of 22lr, some have none. The governmnent cannot order a public traded company not to sell to the public. That would be breaking a pile of laws. Trust me, I don't like whats going on, but that story is hogwash.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I also have a friend that is an ATK employee. He did share that every round Federal/CCI/Speer can produce for the next 4 years is spoken for...meaning they have sold all they can make as fast as they can make them. And he said to the contrary about it going to the Gov't. He deals with the Law Enforcement sales and said the majority of ammo is being made for and sold by Cabelas and Wal-Mart and the LE/Military is second in line.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
mfuff said:
I also have a friend that is an ATK employee. He did share that every round Federal/CCI/Speer can produce for the next 4 years is spoken for...meaning they have sold all they can make as fast as they can make them. And he said to the contrary about it going to the Gov't. He deals with the Law Enforcement sales and said the majority of ammo is being made for and sold by Cabelas and Wal-Mart and the LE/Military is second in line.

They are making billions of rounds combined a day and Cabelas and Walmart have a limited to no selection. Explain that. They are in fact selling backstock. And it may be 3 to 4 months, call Cabelas 800 number.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Alpine Shooter said:
mfuff said:

They are making billions of rounds combined a day and Cabelas and Walmart have a limited to no selection. Explain that. They are in fact selling backstock. And it may be 3 to 4 months, call Cabelas 800 number.
LOL!!! I'm not the spokesperson for the how the Big chains do business. I know my friend does not say things just to waste oxygen. There is a reason he is having a hard time getting LE ammo orders filled and the reasons I stated was his reply. I specifically asked him if the shortage is due to military and LE orders being filled and he laughed and said "NO" the crazy part is because the Big Stores like Cabelas and Wmart are getting preferential treatment.
Now, What those stores do with the ammo....how long they hold it....how much they decide to sell....what their plans are is anyone's guess.

I'll ask you this question, What is the Military and Law Enforcement doing with the almost BILLION rounds of .22 LR being produced per WEEK by ALL of our domestic 22LR ammo manufacturers combined??? This ammo is going somewhere and it is not to those agencies in that quantity. Who is getting it and how much they are selling/releasing/admitting to having is the $10,000 question.
I bought 2100rnds of Federal 22LR at Cabelas in a metal ammo can for $99. Gotta be at the right place at the right time when they decide to stock the shelves. Last week, same Cabelas I bought 4 Federal 325 boxes for $15 a piece. I cruised through the aisles and couldn't find a thing.....3 minutes later my Son came over to me with 4 boxes and said they started stocking the shelves. I could have bought 10 of them if I wanted.

·
Registered
665 Posts
yeah cabelas and every walmart around have a very bad selection.so does gander mt. and couple gun stores tellin me that they cant get it and dont know when they will. gander mt told me there are selling backstock.and when they get 20 boxes of 223 or 22 u better be there, WE ARE last in line .over 2 billion rounds now for the dhs. OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
The ammo is going to major retailers warehouses, as stated above. They are taking advantage of the hype to prepare for higher price structures across the country. They also want to build strong inventories for the onslaught of retail purchases they know will come when it hits the shelves. The last thing a retailer wants to do now is sell all he's got, thats not good business. You will see ammo back on the shelf later this spring, plenty of it. You will never see the prices you are accustomed to paying again. Retailers are simply preparing huge inventories for several reasons, mainly to get a jump on new proposed federal taxes on ammunition.
The federal governmnent has no goal to remove all the 22 ammo from the country. They have no use for it. Thanks to Bill Clinton ( Executive Order ), they cant sell surplus, out of spec, or out of date ammo, they have to demill it and sell the components. If you want to place the blame for empty shelves, the blame goes to the big boxes that won't sell the ammo they have. They will make millions more if they just wait.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Gov't uses 9mm, 40, .45, .223/5.56 and .308/7.62x51.
Where are the rest of the calibers?
The manufacturers are still making them. Is DHS hoarding all the 22LR, .38spl, .357Mag, .22mag, .380,.25acp etc???? Are they buying up all the Varmint bullets and Soft point ammo?
Is the Govt gonna have a trap shoot and decided to scoop up all the Hodgdon Clays powder and every other powder available? What is the conspiracy theory on wads and lead shot?
I fully understand that demand from the ammo manufacturers is high and the Military, Law Enforcement and Civilians are buying it up but there are calibers and components being made that no Govt agency or LE squad uses.
I saw my typo in my previous post above and wish to correct it regarding the 22lr ammo. Before the "craze" US ammo manufacturers produced about 1 Billion rounds of 22lr ammo per year...I stated per week. With the demand I am sure they are going to exceed that amount in a years time but it is not a Military, Govt or Law Enforcement cartridge so most likely the shortage is due to civilian demand and stores that choose to sit on fresh stock and make available what they wish. Don't think for a minute that the stores that move more ammo in a week than some distributors move in a year are not getting preferential treatment. Look at the bulk ammo that is still in the cardboard boxes at Cabelas. It does not come through a middle man. The shipping label is still on it shipped to Cabelas and Wmart right from the manufacturer.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Joe the Logger said:
The ammo is going to major retailers warehouses, as stated above. They are taking advantage of the hype to prepare for higher price structures across the country. They also want to build strong inventories for the onslaught of retail purchases they know will come when it hits the shelves. The last thing a retailer wants to do now is sell all he's got, thats not good business. You will see ammo back on the shelf later this spring, plenty of it. You will never see the prices you are accustomed to paying again. Retailers are simply preparing huge inventories for several reasons, mainly to get a jump on new proposed federal taxes on ammunition.
The federal governmnent has no goal to remove all the 22 ammo from the country. They have no use for it. Thanks to Bill Clinton ( Executive Order ), they cant sell surplus, out of spec, or out of date ammo, they have to demill it and sell the components. If you want to place the blame for empty shelves, the blame goes to the big boxes that won't sell the ammo they have. They will make millions more if they just wait.
BINGO.
The fact that they limit buyers to 3 boxes or 10 boxes is proof. If they wanted to sell every round in the store they could. There is no difference to the bean counters that are seeking profits whether or not ONE guy buys 100 boxes of ammo or TEN guys buy 10 boxes each. It all works the same in the end. Now if they limit the amounts and sit on bigger piles the price goes up. Supply and Demand. Those bean counter smile more when they are then selling the same amount of ammo for double with no restrictions on amounts. Until then they have to let some out to be sold because they can't sell guns and have no ammo to go with them.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Add in that the Herters Brand is owned by Cabelas and that ammo is made specifically for Cabelas by companies outside of the USA. I find it hard to believe that our Govt is scooping up all the Russian and Indonesian ammo too.
A woman was trampled at my local Cabelas when the doors were opened because the crowd was in a rush to get to the gun counter and scoop up ARs so they can turn around and sell them on gunbroker for double. Since then employees issue numbers outside while the customers wait in line before the store opens. Then there is no race to be first. Since that time of the stampede the ammo selection has drizzled down to slim pickings. If there are 10 bricks of 22lr on the shelf 3 times a day the customers buy them up and go on their merry way with no phone calls or texts to spread like wildfire that there is an entire flat of ammo of (insert caliber of choice) and the store is overrun and sold out in less than an hour.
I am fortunate enough to know many different people in many industries due to my job. Managers and employees of these big stores frequent my business and I may get a little more inside info other than the rumors swirling around the 'net. I tend to believe the ones that come from the source.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.