The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many of you I'm sure, I have been having a ton of trouble finding .40 ammo. I recently purchased a new Glock and have been itching to shoot it. The problem is I can't find anywhere that has FMJ ammo in stock. I've shown up to multiple stores multiple times with no results. Looking at the online stores it seems that many of them are even out of stock.

I did manage to find some American Eagle ammo online but frankly it appears to be too cheap. Has anyone had experience with this ammo?

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
I've used American Eagle in multiple handgun calibers, i've had NO issues with it, functioned well for me

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Even if it just holds me over until all this nonsense calms down and I can actually purchase ammo again that would be great.

·
Registered
260 Posts
1shot2kills said:
Like many of you I'm sure, I have been having a ton of trouble finding .40 ammo. I recently purchased a new Glock and have been itching to shoot it. The problem is I can't find anywhere that has FMJ ammo in stock. I've shown up to multiple stores multiple times with no results. Looking at the online stores it seems that many of them are even out of stock.

I did manage to find some American Eagle ammo online but frankly it appears to be too cheap. Has anyone had experience with this ammo?
Gander mountain in washington has tons of 40 ammo. tons. But you can only buy 1 valuepack per customer.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
This was touched on elsewhere, but right now its best to just talk to the store management. Some of them are keeping a hold list, depends on who and where. Some will tell you when the next shipment is coming , some will not. I have, fortuneatly, tons of friends in the business. The only real thing I had to scrap for was 22lr. All other ammo is out there, you just need to hit the phone and find it. The basic buzz I am hearing is that ammo supplies will return to normal, however, similiar to pre-2008 Gasoline, the prices are never going back to where they were. I don't mind paying the price, its the dried up supply that ticks me off.

·
Registered
464 Posts
what city do you live in? i travel for work a lot. and i know most places that have ammo around. and if you still cant find it let me know and i will sell you some for whatever i paid for it. walmarts and dunhams seem to be getting some ammo in recently

·
Registered
260 Posts
Gander still has the value packs of 40, but were out of the 9mm. Cabelas had a bunch of ammo, but the price went up
4$ more per box.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts