The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of guys on here live in or around Lancaster. I was just wondering how legit this amish mafia show is. Have you all ever experienced anything like what they show?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
It is crap of the highest degree! There are tiny seeds of truth in a huge crock of male bovine excrement.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So are they menonite? or fallen amish? I mean how many people speak dutch?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
There are a lot of people in Lancaster, Lebanon, Berks and Schuylkill counties who are not Amish or Mennonite. My FIL was Lutheran and he spoke fluent PA Dutch, even belonged the the Grundsow Lodge which is a club to keep the language alive. Grundsow means groundhog in Dutch.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
The people are real.
The depictions in the show are laughable to say the least.

·
Registered
21,315 Posts
I believe it.Why can't a guy blow out someone's windshield with a shotgun,wreck a fruit stand with a truck and slash a guys tires on camera not be real?Obvioulsly,the Lacaster PD are being paid off.

Then again,where was Lebanon Levi when the Amish guy was attacked by the three different mountain lions?

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
Yinz need any help up there Doug?We can send Levi and the gang to help ya out with some hillbillies.

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
HammerDown15 said:
So are they menonite? or fallen amish? I mean how many people speak dutch?
The amish and plainfolk around here speak what they call Pennsylvania dutch.They'll do that so us english can't hear what they're talkin about.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts