The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ha, ha...This is the dumbest show I have ever seen. I have an Amish neighbor and asked him about it. He hadn't seen it (of course) but he had heard about it. He said there is no such thing.

·
Registered
19,941 Posts
Pure, unadulterted horse puckie is all it is.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Buckethead said:
Pure, unadulterted horse puckie is all it is.
That's right. It's sheer nonsense, totally fabricated.

But the show's website represents this as being factual. I think it's fair to say that they are blatant liars, without any sense of honor or integrity.

·
Registered
21,042 Posts
Dumb show... Some of the things Amish do are whacky though, and it is a fact that bikers and Amish got busted on cocaine charges together.

From what I understand, these are excommunicated folks gone rogue.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
im watching it right now. its tooooo ridiculous not to watch. Ohio is steppin on PA's turf and underground buggy competitions. whats not to love?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Double Lung 20 said:
That conqueror from Ohio pronounced Lancaster wrong.
Not really...

That's how we pronounced it back in western PA. Sure its the same across the border as well!?!?!

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
West of Pardee said:
Ha, ha...This is the dumbest show I have ever seen. I have an Amish neighbor and asked him about it. He hadn't seen it (of course) but he had heard about it. He said there is no such thing.

The members of the mafia/La Cosa Nostra always deny that it exists.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
the best reality show I have seen was called "scrappers"
them boys were too dumb to be scripted lol

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
G2CDeer said:
It might not to 100% fake but it sure is scripted, just like every other show. Son of Guns, Moonshiners, Amish mafia, American Guns, Goldrush, all scripted
The issue isn't that the show is scripted. The issue is that no "Amish Mafia" actually exists. And Discovery is claiming that there is such a group, and that they are giving a realistic depiction of the activities of this group. They're blatant liars, IMHO.

Whether it meets the legal definition of defamation or slander, I don't know. But IMHO that's what Discovery channel is doing.

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
What bothers me most is that it's slander against a group that they know won't fight back. Not only will the Amish not see the show, when made aware of it any Amishman I know would bristle at the idea of protesting or speaking out publicly against the show, let alone taking legal action, as that would mean involving themselves in things they believe in remaining separate from. It's pretty unconscionable.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Television as a whole now is getting pretty bad. And I know some will say it has been bad for a long long time. The only show worth watching now is The History Channel and a limited number of shows on The Discover Channel, but they too are succumbing to the "reality show" fad.

·
Registered
765 Posts
OK OK lets think about this. I watched a guy slash tires, extort money, rob a tractor trailer full of stuff and burn it. Then they air it on TV. Oh yeah its real alright.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
mountainhippie said:
What bothers me most is that it's slander against a group that they know won't fight back. Not only will the Amish not see the show, when made aware of it any Amishman I know would bristle at the idea of protesting or speaking out publicly against the show, let alone taking legal action, as that would mean involving themselves in things they believe in remaining separate from. It's pretty unconscionable.
I agree that is unconscionable. I would have written that word if I had known how to spell it!

It's not just lousy TV. What Discovery is doing here is wrong, it's dishonest, unethical.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts