The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Go Birds!
Now I REALLY hope they beat the Patriots, but let’s not get carried away. According to Statista.com the Cowboys are still the team most frequently mentioned as a favorite team, at 10%. The Giants, Packers, Patriots, and Steelers are next at 6%. The Bears & 49ers are at 4%, followed by the Colts, Lions, Vikings, Browns, Panthers, Broncos, Seahawks at 3%. The Eagles are lumped in with the others not listed.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Let’s not get carried away. According to Statista.com the Cowboys are still the team most frequently mentioned as a favorite team, at 10%. The Giants, Packers, Patriots, and Steelers are next at 6%. The Bears & 49ers are at 4%, followed by the Colts, Lions, Vikings, Browns, Panthers, Broncos, Seahawks at 3%. The Eagles are lumped in with the others not listed.
Ordinarily, yes. Different story on Feb. 4th 2018. :wink2:

·
Registered
39,301 Posts
In the '70's the Steelers were offered, by NFL films, to be branded as America's Team and Art Rooney turned them down saying, "We are Pittsburgh's Team." The Cowboys then agreed to take seconds.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In the '70's the Steelers were offered, by NFL films, to be branded as America's Team and Art Rooney turned them down saying, "We are Pittsburgh's Team." The Cowboys then agreed to take seconds.
Nobody "offers" you to be "America's Team". People may call you that at times (stinkin' Cowboys) but that doesn't make it so.
The symbol for America is the Eagle. In Birds Fan's eyes they are America's Team!! Who knows, a couple of SB wins and they may take that label from the sinkin' Cowboy's, especially because their fans are such front runners.

Go Birds!!!!

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Nobody "offers" you to be "America's Team". People may call you that at times (stinkin' Cowboys) but that doesn't make it so.
The symbol for America is the Eagle. In Birds Fan's eyes they are America's Team!! Who knows, a couple of SB wins and they may take that label from the sinkin' Cowboy's, especially because their fans are such front runners.

Go Birds!!!!
The Patriots could claim to be America’s team because their uniforms are red, white, and blue, and they’re the Patriots (ugh).

The Cowboys’ fans, Patriots’ fans, Steelers’ fans, and Eagles’ fans all think they’re America’s team. I think it comes down to which team has the largest following, and it isn’t the Eagles.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up trout, your insight is extremely helpful. LOL
I detect sarcasm.

I’m going to separate from this thread, as I’m not an Eagles fan (except for this Super Bowl) and I don’t want to be one of those trolls who get on a fan thread and dumps on the team in question.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Philadelphia was the birthplace of America while the Cowboys were in Mexico. Up in New England, they were burning women at the stake. Morons!!!! :D

·
Registered
39,301 Posts

Go Birds!!!!

I wasn't in the room but from stories I've read it was a NFL marketing gimmick and Rooney wanted no part of it.

So yes, according to the stuff I've read about it, they certainly were "offered" this marketing ploy by NFL films. If the stories aren't correct please show me the correct info.

·
Registered
380 Posts
The Patriots could claim to be America’s team because their uniforms are red, white, and blue, and they’re the Patriots (ugh).
Yeah, that and the fact that they are the best team we have ever seen! I hate them, but that's the fact. One quarterback about to have 6 SuperBowl rings. 8 apearances. Give me a break. I hate them, but that's a different story, fact is, they are the best there has ever been!!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
all steelers fans should be rooting like heck for the birds

I believe pitts 6 SB rings is still the most
brady and dallas has 5

one more NE SB and they tie for most
that 1 SB is all they got left

·
Registered
39,301 Posts
Yeah, that and the fact that they are the best team we have ever seen! I hate them, but that's the fact. One quarterback about to have 6 SuperBowl rings. 8 apearances. Give me a break. I hate them, but that's a different story, fact is, they are the best there has ever been!!

"One quarterback about to have 6 SuperBowl rings."

Why? Because you said it? Or did your crystal ball tell you so? Give me break. :lol:

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
First of all, who says they are about to have 6 rings? :D

Second, their numbers are good, but are they soorta hollow? I mean, they played the Bills, Dolphins and Jets in years they stunk. Who did they play in those SBs? And they never won by more than 3 points. I think the 49ers destiny had more "earned" rings.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Any team that has any players that kneel for the National Anthem is not Americas team. I guess we will see on Superbowl game day if either team is Americas team. I won't be watching so I hope someone posts what happens.

·
Registered
39,301 Posts
If you won't be watching, why do you care? The whole "America's Team" thing is nothing but a marketing ploy dreamt up by the NFL marketing department to get people to buy Dallas Cowboys stuff. There are suckers who actually believe it and if they are that easily taken, that's their problem. IMO, it's a bunch of malarkey. Why do you think the NFL didn't anoint the Cleveland Browns as America's Team?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I guess maybe because it sounded better to the NFL than the Dallas Convicts. I care because it takes a lot of guts for any team to be called America's team by anyone, the NFL or the fans, when many of the players show disrespect to our country and those who served and still serve it to promote their own political ideas and the owners of the teams allow them to do it. That is why I haven't watched a game this season and will not for the rest of the season, perhaps forever. It doesn't mean anything to the NFL or the players bit it means something to me. The whole concept is stupid that all of America would prefer one team over all the others anyway.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts