The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
I have tried a few of the fakes. I'll stay with the real stuff. I don;'t want to have to choose one powder or another depending on what I am shooting. Holy black covers it all.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not surprised to hear you say that. You either love thses things or you hate 'em. I've read really mixed reviews, but I'm starting to side with the nay-sayers.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Ill stick with my Goex(for the pistols) and my 777 for the rifles, i even shoot some Goex out of the rifles just for more smoke. More smoke always inpresses people, and i good insect repelent. haha

·
Registered
534 Posts
I gave away 1-1/2 bottles of the sticks. I would never use them again. They simply are not consistent enough for me to use them. I now use 777 loose powder. I love the accuracy I get from it. I would not even try anything else.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I would give it a try but I am sitting on 3 pounds of loose 777 that seems to work fine for me. I shot a 3/8" 3 shot group with the 777 and 200 gr dead center sabots. I doubt I could want anything better.

It may very well be cleaner than the 777 but I am not going to waste 3 pounds of powder. I shoot loose powder and it really does not seem to be as bad of a crud ring as the pellets give you. I am so used to swabbing between shots that it is almost automatic.

When I find something that I like I usually stock up on it. Thats probably dumb on my part since there is always something new and better coming out.

I am afraid that if I tried it and liked it then I would be wasting the powder I have stocked up on.I will certainly keep it in mind and will probably give it a try one of these days after I use up some of my current powder. Thanks for the tip. I always appreciate hearing other peoples experience with products.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts