The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Read Only
185 Posts
I find this powder to perform poorly with power belts. Not enough violent ignition to seal the gas ring. Went on APP web site and there they state not recommended for power belt bullets. I personally prefer sabots and dad likes power belts. We do all our shooting together. My older Knight disk likes 777 or pyradex pellets. Just my 2 cents.

·
Read Only
185 Posts
This is from APP web site. I am not here to bash APP, just adding my experence. Maybe the new power belts with the sofer black shirt works well but for me not the hard plastic skirt.
Muzzleloader Performance
General loading instructions are to use the same recommended volume charge of loose our powders as you would with black powder. It will produce the same velocities that a similar volume charge of black powder would. Refer to the recommendations made by the maker of your rifle for a loading charge and do not exceed the maximum load given. No lubes are needed, and the use of lubes that come in contact with the powder will result in unburned powder, fouling and lower velocities. Seat the projectile so that it is firmly against the powder. No further compression is required or recommended. Standard caps will work just fine. <span style="color: #FF0000">When using a sabot load, pick one that is somewhat tight in your bore when loading. When sabots are used with black powder, there is an allowance made for a fouled barrel, so some may be too loose to use with our products and will result in lower performance. </span>Wiping the bore between shots is not necessary, as no fouling will build up in your bore.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.