The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In response to 100's facebook requests, the Discovery Channel has cancelled this show in response to the tragedy in Conn.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
was that the one with that bigmouthed dad and the semi-hot daughter who hooked up with the tattoed slacker gunsmith assistant? if it is, it might just be because it is a crappy show that has run its course. that show and its associated fake drama was a black eye to responsible gun ownership anyway. the theme of that show turned into "i have a lot of extra money so build me a gun that will destroy huge vehicles and i will do it on tv while acting like a fool." youtube is better suited to those antics.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The only good show on discovery was Yukon Men. Everything else was crappy.I never liked the gun shows on that channel. Lets build the most useless guns and make redundant explosions

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Good riddence ! That show cast a terrible light on guns, gunshops, and gun collectors. A naive person would think we all fly around in helicopters with a bag full of cash shooting watermelons. The son seemed to be a talented kid, mom and daughter two plastic enhanced bimbo's. I always thought they looked funny ( the girls ), turns out they have some genetic defect that makes their neck extremely long.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
buckmasters243 said:
The only good show on discovery was Yukon Men. Everything else was crappy.I never liked the gun shows on that channel. Lets build the most useless guns and make redundant explosions

Good post.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Does anyone maybe stop and think that those shows and others like them are conceived, produced and aired SPECIFICALLY to make the gun owning and hunting community look like a bunch of hillbilly, redneck fools in the first place??!! ANYTHING on discovery, TLC or other liberal left channels like them are all the same...make the people on them look like tools. Tell me there is no agenda there!

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
pumpgun said:
was that the one with that bigmouthed dad and the semi-hot daughter who hooked up with the tattoed slacker gunsmith assistant? if it is, it might just be because it is a crappy show that has run its course. that show and its associated fake drama was a black eye to responsible gun ownership anyway. the theme of that show turned into "i have a lot of extra money so build me a gun that will destroy huge vehicles and i will do it on tv while acting like a fool." youtube is better suited to those antics.
Semi hot? Hahah I just googled it.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
"Quick! to the tool-copter with $500,000 cash and 75 pounds of gold coins with my face on them just in case!" for that idiot on american guns.

Or

"Lets add pre-made parts and a crappy crest to already made guns and say we invented it!" for that loudmouth idiot in LA who doesn't even have an FFL.

Both of those shows were garbage.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Joe the Logger said:
I always thought they looked funny ( the girls ), turns out they have some genetic defect that makes their neck extremely long.
i think its called giraffosis fakeboobeous pufflipious. pretty common with the hollyweird crowd

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
It is called a push-up bra, worn by a girl that closes her eyes when she shoots.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
If I had to guess, I bet the show was on its way out anyway. I watched it a couple of times but then realized that someone with $75k in cash who spends it on guns isnt what I was into. The engravings parts were good, other than that the show was misleading.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I also noticed that NBC Sports did not show their usual line up of hunting shows last Friday evening. They instead showed boxing matches even though my cable box said the names of the hunting shows that should have been playing.
Let's see if they are on this week??

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
EIGHT POINT said:
I also noticed that NBC Sports did not show their usual line up of hunting shows last Friday evening. They instead showed boxing matches even though my cable box said the names of the hunting shows that should have been playing.
Let's see if they are on this week??

Better be. That's the channel I watch them on.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
I could really care less about the show as these stupid "reality" shows are painful to watch anyway. Full of made up drama and impossible deadlines, the shows are nauseating and laughable.

Having said that, I agree that channels like Discovery, TLC, and A&E do their best to make hunters, gun owners, and people who live in the "sticks" look like a bunch of tobacco chewin, redneck, loudmouthed, uneducated, gun totin' fools who are dangerous to be around.

What bothers me more is the knee jerk reaction to get rid of everything involving guns, shooting, or hunting.

Dick's removing guns from their shelves. Cheaper Than Dirt suspending all gun sales. Discovery and NBC Sports eliminating shows that involve guns.

It ridiculous.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts