The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had your choice of picking one of their broadheads, which would you choose and why? If you have pics of the "damage" it does, please post or IM me.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I have no pics, but I use the reg 100 gr sonics. They fly great & I have killed 3 deer with them. 2 were pass thrus & the other was a high shot & broke the spine & stuck into the shoulder bone.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I have some of the 100 gr sonics and I'm sure they are fine but I wont use them for deer. Mine didnt hold up. Shot a groundhong with one and the head was crushed. Blades also chipped easily.
So many choices of good heads out there. IMO, keep looking.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
I used the 100 grain sonics for a few years before going to slick tricks. They are very destructive...

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I keep hearing about them not holding up, but really didn't experience it. The 2 pass thru's I put the arrow's back in the quiver after cleaning them. The spine shot one blade was alittle messed up & I replaced the it & it was good to go.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
BOOTOXEN said:
I have some of the 100 gr sonics and I'm sure they are fine but I wont use them for deer. Mine didnt hold up. Shot a groundhong with one and the head was crushed. Blades also chipped easily.
So many choices of good heads out there. IMO, keep looking.
Wanna sell me the ones you have left? I'll gladly take em.

I think they are tough as nails. Lets just say that I missed my target a couple times 2 years ago when I was just starting to shoot, blasted some rocks, cinder blocks etc... Blades got a lil chipped but they held together nicely.

Pic of exit wound on my first archery deer last year. 100gr Sonics. Total pass thru, arrow was stuck pretty deep in the ground. Deer looked like it was shot with a rifle!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
PM sent Bootoxen and SpiritNugent

1 - 7 of 7 Posts