The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've hunted out of an Ameri-step one-man blind that I bought last week for $27.00 on sale at Walmart. So far, 3 days in it and I've seen no deer, although there are trails all around me.
The blind, although very small, works fine. Of course larger would be better, but it is manageable.
It's only been in the woods for 4 days. I guess it needs to be around a few more days until the deer get used to seeing it. I was hoping the first day of set-up I would luck into one, but not yet.

I just wanted to report on the blind. It's small, but sturdy, and you are able to hunt fairly comfortably from it. A two-man size would certainly be better, but this one is okay, if anyone was thinking about buying one.

·
Super Moderator
4,562 Posts
I won't use a blind for archery any more,rifle or turkey hunting yes but not deer.I have had them out 3 weeks or more before the season and through the season.My results were fewer deer seen and even less that didn't give the blind a wide berth.I just sit on a folding chair.Be careful of your limbs in the blind,if you let an arrow fly and a limb hits the blind you will know why.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just got myself a Ameri-Step Throwdown blind,
It's supposed to be for turkey but I think it'll work just fine for my style of deer hunting
I was thinking of getting a blind like you did but, I wasn't sure of the materials quality.
Thanks for the report

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I won't use a blind for archery any more,rifle or turkey hunting yes but not deer.I have had them out 3 weeks or more before the season and through the season.My results were fewer deer seen and even less that didn't give the blind a wide berth.I just sit on a folding chair.Be careful of your limbs in the blind,if you let an arrow fly and a limb hits the blind you will know why.
I guess it depends on who you talk about them. My buddy I've been hunting with has seen at least one deer close enough to shoot each day I've hunted with him (four) times. I'm hoping the deer come around by next Wednesday, that's my next day out.
As for shooting in the blind, I'm going to have to get beyond the window.

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
Is yours a Doghouse or Outhouse model?I think at times a smaller one is better so you can peak out of several sides w/out movin around much like you have to in a larger one.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doghouse

Is yours a Doghouse or Outhouse model?I think at times a smaller one is better so you can peak out of several sides w/out movin around much like you have to in a larger one.
Mmm, I think mine is the doghouse model. I have trouble moving to the right side window. It seems when I shoot I'm going to have to make sure the bow is clear out of the window so the limbs are clear of the windows.

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
One is more roundedDoghouse I think) and the other(Outhouse I think) is like a Tee Pee.The Outhose would be a lot more difficult but the Doghouse I think would be fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts