The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,562 Posts
I took hunter safety in grade school.Problem is teachers today teach anti hunting at least here they do.I had to call the school about anti hunting teachers trying to brainwash my kid.I put an end to that.Hunting and farming should be taught in school not discouraged.If all farming goes corporate we are screwed.Hunter ed was in schools in 1971.I know I was there.I was the only kid that knew how to string a bow.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Took my Hunter Ed. in middle school back in 1975 or 1976 at the middle school I attended and was taught by one of the teachers. Agree with you Hiamovi on the kids getting brainwashed by the school systems. They should be taught Economics, farming, math ,reading, and history like we were taught in school, not the lack of history they teach now in fear of offending someone with the truth.

·
Registered
392 Posts
This bill is fine, but my question is why are our legislators focusing on this and not bringing up impeachment articles on Wolf? I guess the Democrats successful changed the narrative and the news cycle...

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
A lot of programs have been introduce to increase youth hunting over the years I hope this bill helps the cause. I'm a believer new hunters starts with family and friends being introduce to one of the greatest and rewarding sports we have . Me personally thru the years I had young and old start out hunting with me with a 35% still enjoy it today. 25% are youths maybe 10% adults. The other 65% could care less. shame

·
Registered
9,669 Posts
I took mine at our rifle/pistol club. It was so long ago that the patch they gave us was a yellow and black bullseye that said "SAFE HUNTER" on it. Not sure, but I think Moses was in my class;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts