The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love or hate Bezo's.... that was waaay cool! What a thrill ride that had to be.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Hard to believe the technology that went into that. Booster lands right where it took off from. Fast flight but I have a feeling this is just the beginning.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
I thought the technology was spot on, being able to land the booster and return the capsule to the desert.

with that said….11 minutes, straight up and straight down….kind of like The Phoenix on steroids at Knobels.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
(y) The booster landing was fascinating

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
What SpaceX has been able to do, and now with the Blue Origin rocket and to a bit of a lesser extent, the Virgin space plane, are good small steps into private ventures into space.

In the long term, the goal of private entreprenurs isn't really to carry rich space tourists into brief moments of zero gravity, its to eventually send automated, unmanned vehicles to mine precious metals from asteroids. Riches to be had that are hard to comprehend.

There is the science side, which is NASA, and the business side. These big money guys can fund things for the money intent but also push advancements in technologies and experiences that might otherwise not move forward nearly as quickly.

Ever been into the Smithsonian or Kennedy and peer into an Apollo capsule? Those dudes when to the moon and back in that thing!

Congrats to all the smart folks who made these private space efforts possible and the guys with the money and the will to spend it to make it happen.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
So if Bezo's takes the wife (girlfriend) would be now be called the million mile high club :).....

Reactions: bohunr

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
No, just flying with a female doesn't get you into the mile high club, there is another prerequisite. 😁

·
Administrator
29,898 Posts
I agree, why would anyone get excited about being in a tube flying around in a vacuum and spend a ridiculous amount of money to do so.?. I am perfectly content to explore places on earth that I have never been.
Being one that has a LOT of air miles behind me, I completely agree with this statement. Been on several 12-14 hour flights, and even with all the comforts of a 747, once or twice in First or Business Class, I still would get completely stir crazy after 7 or 8 hours. And then there were the flights riding in the cargo holds of C141s and C130s......

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Being one that has a LOT of air miles behind me, I completely agree with this statement. Been on several 12-14 hour flights, and even with all the comforts of a 747, once or twice in First or Business Class, I still would get completely stir crazy after 7 or 8 hours. And then there were the flights riding in the cargo holds of C141s and C130s......
Good thing that airlines are now featuring onboard fights ( women on women, men on men and the occasional women on man), the game, "How fast can you duct tape a passenger to his/her seat" and if you're real lucky you could see a real live version of " How does a wako try and get into the cockpit" . Any one of these shows should make your long air travel more enjoyable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts