The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned the Savage 220 since 2011, when I got it, it was only offered in the black stock I had it hydro dipped. The action upon purchase was rough, but it didn't hurt the accuracy. I worked on the action by lapping the bolt and bolt rails and over time it got much smoother. I have it topped off with a Leupould VX-2, 3-9x40 with DNZ mounts, using Remington Accutips 3".....The gun is dead on at 162 yards since day one .....I took it out to the range twice in the past week, very consistent and accurate.......

Attachments

Registered
馃憤馃徎 I have one that I bought cause I hunted Ohio a lot. My brother has 3 of them he already had one . His boss was taking a trip with his son they needed slug guns. My brother told him of the 220. He bought 2 for the trip, came back and sold them to my brother for 300$ both guns scopes, ammo, cases. I told my brother to buy them or I would for that price.
With that said all of them shoot very accurate! They are impressive! Every ammunition I have tried in my shoots well. My choice was federal fusions. Great guns!

Registered
Everything BHC said it true. They are super accurate.

I just put a Boyd's thumbhole stock on mine.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
so I was told on another website by a member there, that he wasn't impressed.....

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
BHC by your description on its accuracy and your liking it, can`t imagine why he wouldn`t. Did he mention why he didn`t?
well he said at 100 yards my group would grow to 4", which isn't true....He then said said he like to see more then one target which I showed like I did here, and I have over the years very similar pictures from me. I then replied with "so you want 3 or more shot groups in one hole" another member said, it's shotgun not a precision rifle and we hunting deer not humming birds

Registered
well he said at 100 yards my group would grow to 4", which isn't true....He then said said he like to see more then one target which I showed like I did here, and I have over the years very similar pictures from me. I then replied with "so you want 3 or more shot groups in one hole" another member said, it's shotgun not a precision rifle and we hunting deer not humming birds
Tell him you will shoot more groups if he pays for the ammo.

Seriously I would just ignore him. We know what we have and what they are capable of. What he thinks does not matter.

BTW I shot some standard Remington rifled slugs out of mine after I mounted it in the Boyd's stock to get it on paper at 50 yards. I was surprised how tight they shot. I will do more experimenting later in the year.

Premium Member
You got yourself a good shooter there!! I used to hunt with a 210 12ga and same thing...great shooter. Shot 2.75 slugs.

Registered
Maybe the guy that didn't like it wasn't quite the shooter he thinks he is.

Registered
he thinks is all that and a bag of chips
Figures. A good craftsmen doesn't blame his tools. Anyway, as long as you are happy with it, that is all that really matters.

Registered
Figures. A good craftsmen doesn't blame his tools. Anyway, as long as you are happy with it, that is all that really matters.
I think anyone who calls himself a shooter would be happy with a 220. They are special!! :wink2:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts