The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought some used older xx75 arrows on here, 2018s.

They have swedged nock area. I cut the ends and bought 2018 inserts, chamfered the inside, but the inserts will not go in. Theyre easton inserts, is there any reason why they wouldnt fit? is it because theyre older arrows?

·
Registered
10,477 Posts
If you have the right equipment measure the insert and then the inside diameter of the arrow to see how close you are. If it is close I'd ream the inside of the arrow to accept the insert.

If not close I'd try to get smaller inserts.

I would not chamfer the wall too much to weaken it. That area takes a lot of force when released.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dogface said:
If you have the right equipment measure the insert and then the inside diameter of the arrow to see how close you are. If it is close I'd ream the inside of the arrow to accept the insert.

If not close I'd try to get smaller inserts.

I would not chamfer the wall too much to weaken it. That area takes a lot of force when released.
thanks, talking about the insert up front where the broadhead goes.

·
Registered
10,477 Posts
Sorry I thought you were talking about replaceable nocks.

In that case I'd stop by the archery shop and try a few different size inserts.

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
How tight are they. You may want to put a field point into the insert and heat and apply your hot glue. Then quickly put your field point on your work bench and push her home with the glue hot. If you can't install the insert this way maybe they are the wrong inserts.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pa.Bone said:
How tight are they. You may want to put a field point into the insert and heat and apply your hot glue. Then quickly put your field point on your work bench and push her home with the glue hot. If you can't install the insert this way maybe they are the wrong inserts.
Crazy tight. unless Easton packaged incorrectly, they should be the right ones as they say 2018 on them.

I was trying them before heating as ive done before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts