The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy wants to spray his food plot and this stuff seems pricey, $40 for a pint that will treat an acre. Supposed to kill grasses but leave the food plants unharmed.
I know there has to be a generic alternative to Whitetail Institute products.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tractor Supply has Gordons Pasture Pro for grasses. Would that work and not affect the food plot plantings? Gordons also has Amine 2 4 D for broadleaf. Will that affect crops?

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
2 4 D will kill the clover. You want Butyrac 200...which is 2 4 D-B, OK to use on clover.

delphic93 is dead on with his suggestions for a much less expensive approach. To say WI stuff is way overpriced is a huge understatement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Bud do you mix the two together?? I’m planting the PowerPlant by WI and just try to find something equivalent to Arrest Max Herbicide and the Sure-Fire Crop Oil Plus Herbicide

·
Registered
326 Posts
Arrest Max is just clethodim sold at a ridiculous price. Saver yourself money and buy a generic. Keystone had several sizes. More savings the bigger you buy. You can get it most places that sell herbicide. (It only kills grass, not broadleaf weeds)

Same goes for their crop oil. Assuming it's methylated seed oil per description.

For an annual crop, I'm doubt you need either, unless grass is terrible in your plots. I would NOT add any roundup/glyphosate to WI PP.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Some good alternatives mentioned.

I use Post Plus to kill grass in my clover plots and it comes in a 2 1/2 gallons container that cost me @$200. But it takes me several years to replace.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.