The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of trying to find a 22 caliber centerfire that would shoot one symetrical hole at 100 yards, it is almost in reach.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Jon is shooting a .22-250 out of a 26" heavy brl Encore.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I've worked up a load for a buddies 22-250 using hybrid 100v and using the 60gr vmaxs that is shooting a 3 shoot ragged hole group..load was 37.3grs.. This is getting close to hodgons max compressed @ 38grs.. But with groups your shooting jon i wouldnt change a thing!! just my 2cents..

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Of all things this was a pot luck load. These were left over from the 15" 22-250 load testing that I did 8-9 years ago that never grouped as well as the H380.

I shot what I figured to be the best performers (H380 / 55grn pills) and I was getting around 3/4". I figure might as well run a few thru the gun. First shot was dead on where I expected, the next 2 shots I thought I missed the target... well I was wrong.

The only down side to this was I did not have good written record in my book of what the load was, so one round bit the dust. Hopefully once I get another calm range day I can try out the load again and duplicate the grouping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts