The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm 20 years old and was handed this shotgun when I was younger. My dad gave it to me and I knew it was from his uncle. I knew it was a Lefever Nitro Special made by Ithaca Gun Co. I never really knew more than that the shells are hard to find in stores for a 16. My buddy texted me that Dicks had them in stock, long story short I killed my limit of squirrels on Monday.
I couldn't help but wanting to know more. I broke it down Monday night and did some research. I found it was made in 1941, the reason for this post is just to see if this can be verified. I love hunting but I'm no gun expert.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
I have no info on you gun, but do know that you have a piece of family history that makes the gun worth it's weight in gold. Congrats on owning a fine shotgun and killing your limit on Monday. I know doing it with that old gal sure made the day much sweeter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's why I never will care to know the value, I will probably own plenty of guns in my life but I can honestly say no matter how expensive or new they won't compare to taking this shotgun out of the case.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
1941 is indeed correct for that gun.
They are fine shotguns, and the 16 is a gem.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I just wanted to make sure. My buddies and I are going on a squirrel hunt this weekend and they'll be surprised while they're holding brand new .22s and shotguns.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
My grandfather gave me his Ithaca 16 ga when I was 12. 34 years later I still hunt with it and enjoy it now more than ever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts