The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good luck getting your permits renewed before they expire. Can't renew before 60 days & it's taking them longer than that to process them.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
... but the law says they have 45 days. Now unless they are using working days instead of all days.. the law does not distinguish between them.

Seems to me, that is a law that need cleared up.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Another reason I don't live in Allegheny county (besides the insanely high taxes and the Democrats).

Here in Armstrong I sent mine thru the mail on a Monday in January and was called on Thursday that it was done.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
wimp said:
Good luck getting your permits renewed before they expire. Can't renew before 60 days & it's taking them longer than that to process them.
Title 18, 6106(b)12 (see below) provides for an exception if a LTCF has not been issued.

6106 (b)(12) A person who has a lawfully issued license to carry a firearm pursuant to section 6109 (relating to licenses) and that said license expired within six months prior to the date of arrest and that the individual is otherwise eligible for renewal of the license.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pa-Plinker said:
wimp said:
Title 18, 6106(b)12 (see below) provides for an exception if a LTCF has not been issued.

6106 (b)(12) A person who has a lawfully issued license to carry a firearm pursuant to section 6109 (relating to licenses) and that said license expired within six months prior to the date of arrest and that the individual is otherwise eligible for renewal of the license.
Thanks, that's really good to know, the lady I spoke with on the phone made sure to tell me I couldn't carry until my new permit came in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts