The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ABC World news just said the ban will include <span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">all </span>semiauto firearms

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
but I was crazy for voting for 2nd amendment reasons

·
Registered
19,671 Posts
Been saying it all along. Hunters and gun owners better wake up. Our sporting arms, home defense and personal carry weapons are in the crosshairs as well.

·
Registered
22,680 Posts
and biden has said using exective orders is a possibility.

all we need to do is force the U.S. attornies office to enforce existing law

It is a federal felony—a criminal act punishable by 10 years in prison—for any convicted felon to possess any handgun, rifle or shotgun. It is a federal felony for anyone to possess a stolen firearm. It is a federal felony for anyone to give a firearm to a juvenile for the purpose of committing a crime. It is a federal felony for anyone to possess a firearm with the intention of committing a crime. It is a federal felony for anyone to use a firearm in the commission of a crime. It is a federal felony for anyone to cross state lines with the intention to unlawfully obtain a firearm or to commit a crime.
If one were to add up all of the penalties for gun crime offenses by street criminals under existing federal law, total jail time with consecutive sentences could add up to literally hundreds of years in federal prison.
The Media should be questioning federal prosecutors on their refusal to use existing law to prosecute. With application of federal laws against violent criminals and firearms, the streets could be cleaned in a matter of months.
The fact that prosecutors do not read and apply these simple laws should be criminal.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
bohunr said:
and biden has said using exective orders is a possibility.

all we need to do is force the U.S. attornies office to enforce existing law

It is a federal felony—a criminal act punishable by 10 years in prison—for any convicted felon to possess any handgun, rifle or shotgun. It is a federal felony for anyone to possess a stolen firearm. It is a federal felony for anyone to give a firearm to a juvenile for the purpose of committing a crime. It is a federal felony for anyone to possess a firearm with the intention of committing a crime. It is a federal felony for anyone to use a firearm in the commission of a crime. It is a federal felony for anyone to cross state lines with the intention to unlawfully obtain a firearm or to commit a crime.
If one were to add up all of the penalties for gun crime offenses by street criminals under existing federal law, total jail time with consecutive sentences could add up to literally hundreds of years in federal prison.
The Media should be questioning federal prosecutors on their refusal to use existing law to prosecute. With application of federal laws against violent criminals and firearms, the streets could be cleaned in a matter of months.
The fact that prosecutors do not read and apply these simple laws should be criminal.
There's a TON of federal laws on the books for guns, and everything else for that matter. Every mass shooting violated a bunch of laws, but more will make it better...right.

Biden even said today that he's not sure if any of the proposed provisions will prevent anything....then why propose anything if you aren't sure???

This has nothing to do with preventing mass shootings, or keeping kids at schools safe. It's just an excuse to disarm the public so we can't do much of nothing when the gov't imposes their will on us.

The gov't isn't problem solving, they are using a event to advance their agenda. That's it.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just thought everyone should know it's not just ARs and high mags. Its pistols, shotguns, rifles anything semiauto.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
bearhunter jay said:
Just thought everyone should know it's not just ARs and high mags. Its pistols, shotguns, rifles anything semiauto.
This isn't about AR's...or AK's....this is the Regime taking one more step to Dictatorship...IE citizens having no more rights...or perhaps you can use your revolver to take back America?

·
Registered
22,680 Posts
the resistance during WW2 started off with small arms and worked their way up by killing the enemy and using what they had. since the announcement of the upcoming gun ban thousands if not millions of firearms and ammo has been sold

if that doesnt send a message to D.C. i dont know what will.

·
Registered
948 Posts
IMO, this is a calculated move.

Demand = ban ALL semi-autos.

Settle= ban just those evil, black "assault weapons".

Hey everyone, look, the Liberals are trying to compromise and the obstructionist Republican congress is blocking them.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
waynectyhunter said:

Hey everyone, look, the Liberals are trying to compromise and the obstructionist Republican congress is blocking them.
Bingo! These feel good meetings both for the fiscal cliff and the gun talks are nothing more than a means by which the liberal media can show how their dear leader is actually doing something other than playing golf.

·
Registered
19,190 Posts

It's so blatantly obvious, isn't it!

BH

·
Registered
864 Posts
I find it outrageous that we wanted to impeach a president for having an affair but we have not threaten to impeach a president that threatens our freedoms, safety, financial stability as well as our rights.

Wake Up People. The world wanted to impeach Clinton for having 1 affair this guy is screwing thousands and his wife is ok with it.

This needs to end. There is def some gun laws that need reworked to help weed out some issues. But banning is not a resolve it is a political move and will not end the violence. I am a gun owner and strong believer in the second amendment, but I am willing to give and take and what I am willing to give is that the background checks need to be more indepth (answering no to a question is simple and does not stop some one from lieing). All gun sales should require a FFL and a background check. We all can afford the 30.00 give or take fee to have that done if we want our freedoms. I am even ok with a training class being required like drivers ed before you cna buy a firearm. As that just helps educate users more and makes them better with their firearm.

What I don' t agree with is banning of any firearm. We don't own military style rifles, if we did they be equipped with full auto settings, grenade firing capabilities and a slue of other things that are banned already unless you hold the proper licensing and have large sums of money to purchase.

I wan't to know where we will go once guns are ban and they are still used to kill people and crimes still happen. What will they say then? Laws are like locks they only pertain to those that legally obey them.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
No compromise whatsoever....I want all my guns and I dont want the goverment involved because we COMPROMISED

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
What I don' t agree with is banning of any firearm. We don't own military style rifles, if we did they be equipped with full auto settings, grenade firing capabilities and a slue of other things that are banned already unless you hold the proper licensing and have large sums of money to purchase.
GenXWeb, SPOT ON!

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
HunterPaul, I think you're right about 'no compromise', unfortunately for us, the 'no compromise' is coming from the opposing side:

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20130111/DA3O1DM00.html

Richard Feldman, the president of the Independent Firearm Owners Association, said all were in agreement on a need to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill. But when the conversation turned to broad restrictions on high-capacity magazines and assault weapons, Feldman said Biden suggested the president had already made up his mind to seek a ban.
I'm surprised there hasn't been a call made for a peaceful march/demonstration on D.C.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
That peaceful march should include a walk through the capital building and the white house to carry every one of them out and throw them in the Potomac. These idjits laugh at peaceful demonstrations, just like bully laughs when he is told to stop being a bully. The bully will only learn when he is wacked in the nose.

Plus, if our founding fathers would have thought that the only means by which to free the people of a tyrannical and out of control government would have been with peaceful demonstrations, then the 2nd amendment would only say the right to bear and own protest signs and banners.

·
Registered
638 Posts
aint' much compromise in the phrase "shall not be infringed"
waynectyhunter said:

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Yukon,

Infringe is pretty clear to me as well. Frankly, I consider even taxes on weapons/ammo an infringement.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts