The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A long miserable smoking hot summer is not getting September 17th here any quicker. But, with the opportunity to harvest a buck and doe in the early season? Ah, yup... Two months to go, miles of boots on the ground and I am optimistic about this season. Shooting my Hoyt and grinning inside for the things to come.....

·
Registered
126 Posts
I literally can't wait any longer been watching shows all the time I'm by in the woods. Got a few nice bucks I'm lookin at but still lookin for what happened to a giant from last year that wasn't shot.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I am super pumped, sadly I'm in 5B. Maybe I'll shoot over to 5C on the 17th.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Saw something yesterday while scouting that I have never seen I all my years in the woods. I was walking an old logging road when I heard a commotion in the creek bottom and a long tailed weasel was chasing a rabbit. The rabbit finally ran by me within a few feet and the weasel was right on its tail. Seeing a lot of deer sign and the acorns are looking good so far. Looking forward to both pa. and Ohio's opener.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I live in 5C, wait, no, now I live in 5D.
But I hunt in 3B, so I have to wait until October. I'll still have fun messing with trail cameras. Maybe do a little fishing. And the boy's school football season. He'll be in 8th grade this year and should get a lot more playing time.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Pulled my first camera card of the year a couple days ago. Had a record number of coyotes using the trail my camera's on. Probably the first fifty pictures were of coyotes and had one picture of a big eight point passing through. I may try to hunt some coyotes using a fawn in distress call in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Not killing a gobbler this spring has me wanting to do more fall turkey hunting. Also my lab turns 6 this year and don't see another hunting dog in my future for a while. Thinking of giving archery a bit of a break this year.

Had an arrow shatter on me and destroy my brand new cables I had put on last year. Since that I haven't gotten the itch to go out yet. LOL feeling lazy this year to say the least.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts