The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Skipped high school with two friends and drank a fifth and part of another of Tequila in the local park. Puked my guts out and was sick for a couple of days. Think I did real liver damage. That was about 1973....Still drink but not that stuff.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I was always a Jager fan, until I drank way to many Jager bombs one night. Had a good friend killed in a car accident and got a little lost. Can’t smell Jager or energy drinks til this day.

I only drink if I am way out of town or at a really special event, because I am on call 24/7/365.

·
Registered
22,584 Posts
i still like long islands. had a teleportaion experience one time at the wardens convention with that stuff. HEY !! it was their fault with that open bar.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Tekillya...

Single NCO in USAF, living in the dorm on the Gulf coast in Mississippi. Roamed a half dozen or so Christmas parties in on-base housing. Had a bottle of Mezcal as my Date. I ate the worm the first pull on the bottle. And can remember finishing the bottle. This while having the occasional beer at a party. Foggy to no remembrance after killing the bottle. Slept the night on a patio chaise lounge of one of the homes.

To this day, I get nauseous at the smell of tequila.

I still imbibe, but none of that foul stuff!

Reactions: bohunr

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Back in 1966 at 18 yrs old, I went to basic training at Ft Jackson S.C., Back then the drinking age was 18 compared to 21 here in Pa, so I thought I thought I would give it a try since I just turned 18.( Bad Decision ) So I guzzled down 2 16 oz Fallstaff`s and 10 minutes later I was behind the barracks throwing my guts out. I guess that is why I am not much of a beer drinker to this day....

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Me too at 17 years old with Southern Comfort...I drank/finished a pint about 7 pm...blacked out... woke up about 3 am sitting in the living room, with six stitches in my head... couldn't even look at the empty bottle the next day without getting the dry heaves... friends had to tell me what happened... never touched the stuff again.

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Loved Rumple Minze....drank a whollllle lot of it one night...right from the bottle....the whole bottle.. Never puked....haven't touched the stuff since.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Indian food, heavy on curry, washed down with half a fifth of Cutty Sark. Was afraid I was gonna die but later was afraid I wasn't. Haven't touched either since and that was thirty years ago.

·
Registered
22,584 Posts
try drinking free long islands in the lobby and having someone say...lets go to the hospitality room. you blink and "Bazinga" you're in the hospitality room....LOL
dont even remember walking to the elevator, getting on, getting off or even getting into the room. still dont. but i remember the room and the people in it, but not the trip to the room 🤣

they still talk about how many i drank that night. what they dont know is i barfed the rest of the night and half the next day. i thought i had alcohol poisoning. still like long islands, just not that many.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Jack Daniels. Crushed me one New Years Eve as a young buck.

Can't stand the smell or taste of JD some 40 years later. At weddings, if they do a bridal dance I'll grab a shot of the peach schnapps that they have for the ladies.

·
Registered
319 Posts
tequila, blackberry brandy and yukon jack. haven't had any of 'em for about 30 years or longer. Still drink socially and get lit a couple times a year usually camping or during the holidays at family gatherings when I don't have to drive.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
My first nasty one one was most of a fifth of rootbeer schnapps on top of beer. The odor still rolls my guts. JD and i had a few too many arguements in college....gotta pinch my nose on that too. Found out later that puking, and rehydrating significantly is actually helpful. I look at it this way, i already paid for it once, why pay for it again? For me, ive learned that 3 things really help if your gonna drink heavier: 1. Not mixing boozes, or at least stay within what YOUR body will handle ok, 2. Staying hydrated w lotsa water during and after the imbibement, 3. Carb loading prior.....pizza and cheesesteaks work great for this!, 4. Had a rule for yrs that worked for me....nothing sweet, nothing clear....and i now can add wine to that list, and except vodka. YMMV. Makes me wonder what the big attraction to the stuff really is? Hearing some of these other stories, i realize i got away pretty clean in life!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I was 17 and me and three buddies got 2 cases of Mickey’s Big Mouths. I have no idea how many I drank but I puked all night and most of the next day. Worst I’ve ever felt. Swore I’d never drink again but that didn't last very long. I couldn't even smell them after that.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts