The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I got your attention. :D

I saw this question posted on a different forum and thought some of the answers were pretty interesting. It'll be interesting to see what this group comes up with.

"Which alcoholic drink caused you to throw up and swear off ever drinking again?"

I've been on a few benders in my time, and was never known as a puker. But for me, it was tequila. Two different occasions in which large quantities were consumed, each with the same after affect, for a couple of days...... Went for years after the second time that I couldn't even smell the stuff.

Another drink that did me in, but oddly enough didn't puke, was Jaegermeister. More specifically, Jaegermeister mixed with a Danish schnapps in a drink that was called a Jet Fuel. Had a couple nights of many of those drinks that led to bad days while TDY to Thule Greenland.

Also of notable mention; Soju in Korea.......

·
Registered
22,680 Posts
beer in high school :) cant stand beer to this day unless its ice cold and then only one.

·
Registered
226 Posts
When I was in high school we got our hands on a bottle of Segram's 7. Chugged what seemed to be half bottle. Sick for two days.
In college drank Boon's Farm strawberry hill and washed it down with numerous cans of Budweiser. Both of these made me puke my guts out followed with dry heaves.
These days it just a good glass of red wine or a bourbon on ice. Not both at the same time of course.

·
Super Moderator
13,526 Posts
In the military party time. We ask every one to bring a bottle of their favorite whine or booze. We poured them all with some fruit juices in a big vat we got from the chow hall, stirred the custom brew up and proceeded to drink. At four in the morning time to go back to the barrack and my buddy did not have good control of his body, so I had to carry and drag him. It was only about 100 yards but up hill and there was that 4' high retaining wall. Every time I could get him pushed up nearly on top of the stone wall he would slide back down. Finally I got his mass on top of the wall only to see the air police cursing by, so I had to dropping him back down and push him back up again when the coast was clear. He was giggling all the time as I was struggling telling hm he should loose a few pounds. One could describe him as a short round guy.....

The next day he said he would never drink again. I said you told us you a cajun from New Orleans????

·
Registered
503 Posts
Tequila for me. First time I tried it, I had 3 shots. Friends had to carry me home, :sick: dry heaves next day. Went back to bourbon the next weekend, no problems. Didn't ever swear not to drink again, just not to drink that much. Yeah, that didn't work either. 😔

Reactions: bohunr and OAWC

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Only thing I quit drinking was Tequila had nothing to do with getting sick or hung over but rather me(all 5'6" 130lbs) wanting to fight everyone.... fortunately my friends laughed at me instead of beating me to a pulp.

·
Super Moderator
29,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have to qualify my comments with the fact that I don't drink at all anymore. And for good reason, I have lots of stories.....
I've never swore off drinking after a night of indulgence, that actually came from some clear and sober thinking.

When I was up in Greenland we'd sometimes drink Karlsberg Elephant Beer, and my first trips to Germany we drank a bier called Park Pirmenater. Both of which had alcohol contents at or over 10%, yet remarkably, were good tasting beer. I imagine if a person only drank one, they'd have a nice buzz but still be able to function. I can't answer that for certain, though, never stopped at one. What I remember about both of those beers the most are the dreams I used to have after drinking a couple of them. I don't recall specifics of the dreams, but I remember waking up and thinking WTH was that about?

Reactions: bohunr

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
Well, gotta think for a minute.
Ive got drunk and woke up in the wrong state.
Ive got drunk and lost a few days and thought it was still the first day.
Ive got drunk and raced pigs down a hotel hallway. Don't ever do that.
Ive got got drunk and into a huge misunderstanding in Tenn. and they banned me from the state. Brother in law says it was just one county but I don't know. Still kinda hold a grudge against those nuns for that.
I bought a horse once and didn't know till the guy delivered the next day, or the day after. Who knows?
I can say I've never puked from drinking. Don't know why it just doesn't make me sick.
But don't get the impression I drink. :whistle::unsure::giggle:

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Bourbon, or any whiskey. Can't stand even the smell of it. If I am drinking hard stuff I will go to Tequila first then maybe vodka and gin. Tequilla striaght or mixed with OJ and a twist of lime.

·
Registered
21,321 Posts
I never remember puking but there's a lot I don't remember and a lot I wish I'd forget lol.I haven't even so much as smelled a drop of alcohol in about 23 years.

·
Registered
10,845 Posts
My first drinking experience was with tequila when I was 16 years old. Passed out on the green of a par 3 golf course in my underwear. It was in the winter and there was snow on the ground. When I didn’t arrive home on time that night my parents went looking for me . Fortunately my friends brought me inside and didn’t let me freeze to death . When I got home I got the crap beat out of me . To make matters worse is I had a basketball game the next morning and my parents made me play . Just remember how the light was burning my eyes and I just wanted to drop over dead . Don’t think I have ever been that hammered in my life and still to this day I won’t drink tequila.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Crown Royal. Football buddies came over to my house to skip school. We ended up getting into my dads stash of Crown. First shot I ever took, and I puked everywhere at about 830 in the morning.

·
Registered
21,321 Posts
My daughter's neighbor at College went out for a walk in a drunken frenzy this past winter and froze to death.I've had enough near death experiences and also plenty of laughs but it took me til I was almost 30 to realize,it was just a matter of time.My last night out cost me a few nights in the county hotel and about 60k in restitution and attorney fees.After that I swore my kids would never grow up seeing me with a beer in my hand.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts