The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
I had to add a comment on there because most of those commenting before were tools.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So did I - mine is the one from MLK

Just rechecked the article - I really can't believe the way those people think. THey are creating way more harm than the hunters they are villinizing with their comments.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is also a big mature doe in the same area also albino.that is my core area and there has been a albino around every year for about the past 10years. 4 different ones that i know of.seems strange that many in such a small area but ive seen them all.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Ed_Lorentz said:
So did I - mine is the one from MLK

Just rechecked the article - I really can't believe the way those people think. THey are creating way more harm than the hunters they are villinizing with their comments.
You are the only commentor that didn't sound like an idiot.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just can't believe there are so many uneducated people out there. I mean I understand we all have different view points but the majority of these are unfounded ideas with no scientific backing. One of my degrees is in Wildlife Biology so it really alarms me that these people are just treating nature like pets.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
I hunt in a deer management program in Sewickley Heights, and have never see her while on stand. I have seen her a couple of times driving through there though. She's not a true albino, but a piebald. She's got black eyes, and a black nose and a little black on her tail. I also have a nearly black deer on my trail cam.

One of the residents whose property I hunted on asked me not to shoot here, and I agreed not to. Reality is... I'd not want to shoot her anyways, I would enjoy just seeing her more than shooting her. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Some of those comments are from your typical anti gun, animal rights clowns who have nothing scientific to back their lunacy up.....

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Ed_Lorentz said:
I just can't believe there are so many uneducated people out there. I mean I understand we all have different view points but the majority of these are unfounded ideas with no scientific backing. One of my degrees is in Wildlife Biology so it really alarms me that these people are just treating nature like pets.
I went back and read more of the comments on that piece and the stupidity of the commentors is astounding! If it wasn't for MLK, the whole thing would have been unreadable. People are remarkably clueless. It's really stunning.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
this deer doesnt appear to be an albino. it has black hooves and a black nose and the inside of the hock on its back leg is also black. a true albino has no black markings on its body. seen some deer like this at the double diamond deer ranch near cooks forest.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Just read the comments. Great job Ed. And way to go Danesdad for backing up an HPA brother.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
LOL I think their auto-censorship filter is broken.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Good job guys. Sounds like the bambi lovers are a bunch of uneducated morons.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
ive seen a couple albino deer in my years of hunting and always let them go. was too fasinated in watching them to shoot.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Uncle Johnny said:
Just read the comments. Great job Ed. And way to go Danesdad for backing up an HPA brother.
I had to back him up, he was the only one making sense!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I have seen several albino, piebald there over past 10 years. I hunt a couple different areas there. II have seen them hunting and driving through. Usually too shocked to even think about shooting. Tough area to hunt, always end up with dog walkers and horseback riders coming by,

·
Registered
21,440 Posts
I've seen several and even passed on one during archery season in 1997.I have no issues with people shooting one but I wouldn't do it unless it was out it the middle of nowhere and nobody knew about it.I can think of at least two instances in the last 4 years where people were watching white or almost all white deer and someone shot them.The hunters ended up getting villafied.It just wouldn't be worth it to me.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
I shot one for my first deer, 7 bad horrible years of luck. Shot deer but almost died in 3 outdoor accidents. i dont care if its a 150" buck. he will be passed.

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
One was shot and left laying in a neighborhood in Kennett Square in January. My friend's brother lives in the neighborhood, used to post pictures of it from time to time. I think it was actually a nearly totally white piebald, but it was a very strange animal, long tail and a short nose, looked kinda like a white dog. At any rate, the neighbors were all very upset, hope they catch the guy who did it. I think it was shot under a light.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts