The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Alan Probst

6K views 32 replies 22 participants last post by  Kip Feroce 
#1 ·
A friend showed me that he announced on his facebook that he is, indeed, still attending the ESOS. Extremely disappointed with him . . we need to stand together or we will all hang separately

#6 ·
I seen this about him

On the record of Alan Probst saying earlier today he will NOT pull out and didn't give a darn what people think:
Hey that Alan Probst guy is a huge fraud. After emailing many of his supposed "sponsors" all day I have found out through them and other FB posts that the majority don't support him and haven't been affiliated with him in over a year. Summit actually said this in an email and looks like he's in trouble:

We appreciate your email and your stance on this matter. We have just recently become aware of the current situation/stance of the Eastern Sport Show (this weekend). As of this morning, Summit has made the decision not to participate in this year's ESS Show. Additionally, we have reviewed all sponsorships related to Summit Treestands and show NO affiliation with Alan Probst. We are continuing to research this individual and situation and will be handled accordingly.

Again, we appreciate your input and should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

David South Summit Treestands/Knight & Hale Game Calls (256)353-0634 x1112

#7 ·
Bob Wendt had some sort of fall-out issue with him some years back, back when everyone was fighting about the 2 Daves in the NTA. Bob was pretty disgusted about something other than Probst supporting the NTA. Alan did his cat line and dog line videos- I think- or maybe it was the fox trapping dvd. Bob was pretty upset about something to do with that. Wendt may be a big ol curmudgeon, but I really respect the man.

#12 ·
Think what you want of Alan, but remember, he's the one that got trapping a weekly TV show on the Pursuit Channel that's in at least it's second season. That's saying something.

And is he really being greedy or is he trying to earn a buck just like every one of us?

#18 ·
Tom Miranda, or anyone else could've started a show on the Pursuit channel, and maybe they tried, but Alan made it work. Like I said, say what you want about it, but he got trapping on TV.

#19 ·
From T-Man Glad to see that he's not going. Cutt

A is the largest and most predominant force in protecting our 2nd Amendment rights as citizens. Without them, we would not even be able to have this debate as they are the organization that stands up for us on a daily basis. Please keep that in mind when debating anything such as the ESS or any other issues that may arrise.

My feeling is and has always been to follow the lead of the NRA when it pertains to gun rights as I feel they have our best interest at hand. With that being said, the NRA has pulled itself from the ESS and as I wrote yesterday, that was a determining factor in my decision to stay in the first place as a speaker / vendor as I do support the NRA and I will always follow their lead over anyone else's when it comes to the firearm issue in America or the 2nd Amendment.

With that being said, I and the Wild Pennsylvania crew will not be at the ESS. I will try and make it up to the people that I stated that I would be there to at some other point. I just hope that this situation is rendered complete leading into 2014 because our community can't withstand the infighting and it only tears away from the direction where these energies should be placed. All the best.

Alan Probst

#22 ·
gibsonlespaul said:
Why do you people get in other peoples business , he makes money at that show and thats the problem today everyone is in everyone else's business ..who cares what he does !!!
Why do you care what other people do, its their business. LOL

#23 ·
gibsonlespaul said:
Why do you people get in other peoples business , he makes money at that show and thats the problem today everyone is in everyone else's business ..who cares what he does !!!
his buisness is to make money off of outdoor people like you and i . when he shows he don't stand for the 2nd amendment which any hunter should , we care . if we care because he don't , he'll lose money

#25 ·
Probst and Bob Walker are twins on this issue, follow the NRA, don't stand on your own. The NRA backs out and they both sigh in relief cause that was thier chance to cut and run! And now they still say what they thought prior was the best idea but we have to follow the NRA! LOL.....Whatever

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.