The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a good reliable and accurate air rifle for shooting rodents in my back yard. I am talking about (squirrel and chipmunks). They are doing damage to the wiring in my home and cars. I got a cheap one at wally world (BB and .177 cal.) and I am lucky to hit a tin can at ten yards. I have tried everything I can think of to make it accurate and it is not working. If anyone knows of a air rifle at will shoot out to 25 yards accurately and is reasonably priced, please let me know. Thanks , rich c

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I have 5mm Sheridan blue streak around 45 years old and last years i took some groundhogs down at around 30 yds with it.The only drawback is that you have to pump it up and 7 is max on the pumps.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Gamo Big Cat. They're a nice accurate rifle out of the box. I liked mine when I got it. Had a CDT tune job done to it and now I LOVE IT! Very consistant, powerful and ACCURATE. With good pellets, it'll shoot same hole groups at 30 feet and knock a chipmunk flat out to 30+ yards with energy to spare. I shot a woodchuck with it last year at 42 yards (right in the ear hole)...got the old "woodchuck I surrender tail twirl"!! While you don't need to have it super tuned, EVERY springer air rifle can benefit from at least some work done to it. The CDT III trigger is the BEST place to start. 35 bucks and the generally crappy trigger pull of 95% of the spring air guns out goes down to about 2 pounds and as crisp as any centerfire target trigger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts