The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets here fellow brothers of the brush.....
Where do you aim at....the head or the base of the neck?
and why

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Base of the neck,that is where our guns pattern. Most guys in excitement shoot high on the gobblers because of not getting there head down against the stock!

·
Premium Member
24,075 Posts
springfreak said:
About halfway between the two so that the pattern has a good chance of hitting the head and neck
Same here

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I aim where the feathers start, that part of his head doesn't move as much.

Plus, I like to see the feathers fly!!

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
I have my gun set up to pattern 6 inches high. I aim for where the skin and feathers meat. Face gets smashed, and very few pellets in the breast. I don't like wasting any meat.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I aim between head and feathers about where the Waddles are.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Right underneath the chin where the waddles are. My guns are all sighted in to hit dead on poa if not just a tad high. Keeps the pattern out of the body if at all possible because well...I like to eat turkey, not just shoot em...

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I go right for the neck where the feathers start. When I first started hunting, I always knew to shoot them in the head. Well it was probably the biggest turkey I have ever seen came running in one morning, and I shot over him all 3 shots. I aimed right for the top of the head.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Base of the nexk, just above the feather line!

·
Registered
439 Posts
If you aim where feathers meet the neck I see no reason you should be ruining meat, a few bb's never hurt anyone! That being said I also aim for where feathers and flesh meet.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
I aim at the top of the head....or eyeball.... It only takes the bottom part of a dense pattern to take down a gobbler. Aiming low will put pellets in the breast of the gobbler.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts