The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a lil searching and i didn't see any on the bigger sites, just A bolt ones... the factory stock is so nice i want to buy an aftermarket one because im afraid of scratching or denting it.

are there any manufactures that produce x bolt stocks other than custom orders? im not looking for anything particularly nice, just something that i wont mind getting "used"

sx7

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
sorry, i'm dense...what is xbolt vs. a bolt? browning?

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
jayd4wg said:
sorry, i'm dense...what is xbolt vs. a bolt? browning?
Xbolt is Browning's latest bolt gun....the 'would be' successor to the Abolt. Different magazine, bolt handle, stock and a few other things.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they are different, but as far as i heard its not a successor as browning plans to keep the a bolt around, unless they've been scheming.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Sniperx7 said:
they are different, but as far as i heard its not a successor as browning plans to keep the a bolt around, unless they've been scheming.
Hence the 'would be' part of my post. I know they list them both right now, but I(as well as many others) suspect it's their real plan to drop the Abolt in favor of the Xbolt. I think keeping them both was to see how sales went first. Just my conspiracy theory though.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JasonN said:
Sniperx7 said:
Hence the 'would be' part of my post. I know they list them both right now, but I(as well as many others) suspect it's their real plan to drop the Abolt in favor of the Xbolt. I think keeping them both was to see how sales went first. Just my conspiracy theory though.
oic.. i thought u might have been one of those guys that hate the x bolt because of the palm swell and bolt lock release button, i've seen alot of those people.. they tend to be sarcastic..

but now i get what you mean

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Sniperx7 said:
oic.. i thought u might have been one of those guys that hate the x bolt because of the palm swell
Who hates a palm swell? My Browning Citori Sporting Clays gun has one, and it is one of my favorite features. Really changes the way the gun feels, for the better I think!!

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Sniperx7 said:
JasonN said:
Sniperx7 said:
oic.. i thought u might have been one of those guys that hate the x bolt because of the palm swell and bolt lock release button, i've seen alot of those people.. they tend to be sarcastic..

but now i get what you mean
No, I prefer the Abolt, but it's mostly aesthetics for me though. I like the palm swell. I don't really care about the bolt release one way or the other! I don't care for the looks of the stock though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts