The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is clear to me that the progressives know and understand that they will not carry enough of a vote to get an all out assault weapons ban.

The are asking for the whole cake and will be happy when we give them a slice.

Keep giving slices away and soon all we will have left are the crumbs that were our second amendment rights.

Do not let them admitting that they can't get enough for the vote make you let your guard down. This is what they want.

While these executive orders mainly address holes in the background check system there are also quite a few that invade your privacy and limit your rights. Wat happens when you go to the doctor and get upset when he asked you if you gave guns in your house and he then thinks your mentally unstable because you got upset and reports it. (12 years ago I was asked by children's hospital in Pittsburgh, on the day my then 5 year old son was admitted and diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, if I had guns in my home.) it really upset me...not there business. They ask it with your kid there to pressure you to not lie in front of them.

This fight will continue.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
They can ask - you don't have to answer.

As has been posted before by others:

Do the anti's demanding that we fix the current laws in addition to wanting more understand that... they are admitting that the anti gun laws don't work in the first place?

A reasonable person understands that if failings and fundamental interoperability in any system prevents it from functioning as intended you need to fix the problems before adding on. In this case, the background check system is broken - and they know it.

Just as the laws for various gun crimes are ignored by judges and DA's. They have the perp - and plead them out.

This week alone - the NRA has been on various talk shows making the case for fixing and enforcing the current laws. That before taking additional action.

Even King Obama knows the background check system is broke. Basically three Ex Orders to get it going again... but two fall short as it will require congress and laws to change the laws preventing the desired (??? ) action to happen. Those deal with reporting mental illness.

The HIPPA law and the doctor patient confidentially laws conflict with the background shall report law. Just as some states are not reporting felons and others meeting the reporting guidelines.

Fundamental failure of the process is a failure in end product.

The adage that" guns don't kill people - people do" is correct. With the holes in the check system, we ensure the continued results of the recent past.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
It is clear to me that the progressives know and understand that they will not carry enough of a vote to get an all out assault weapons ban.

Keep giving slices away and soon all we will have left are the crumbs that were our second amendment rights.

Do not let them admitting that they can't get enough for the vote make you let your guard down. This is what they want.

While these executive orders mainly address holes in the background check system there are also quite a few that invade your privacy and limit your rights. Wat happens when you go to the doctor and get upset when he asked you if you gave guns in your house and he then thinks your mentally unstable because you got upset and reports it. (12 years ago I was asked by children's hospital in Pittsburgh, on the day my then 5 year old son was admitted and diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, if I had guns in my home.) it really upset me...not there business. They ask it with your kid there to pressure you to not lie in front of them.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Give them nothing. That's what they deserve. The 2ndA is one of the few rights we have left as citizens. The Regime is going to attack the bill of rights all he can in his quest to make the US into something we cannot recognize. They have taken enough, let them take no more.

·
Super Moderator
6,024 Posts
springfreak said:

When my kids were little our pediatrician asked that question. My answer "none of your business" She looked at me dumbfounded.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts