The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody replaced the stock recoil pad for an after marked recoil pad? if you did, do you feel it significantly reduced the recoil? Ive got a rem 870 supermag 3.5 chamber and that things hits like thor's hammer on both ends. a buddy of mine said to get a ported choke to reduce recoil but i don't think that would make a lick of difference. thinkin of trying a supercell for the 870 but don't want to possibly extend the length of pull and not have any recoil reduction. any feedback would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I got the Supercell and love it it came on my 1187 super mag from the factory. It really does help out alot! Very soft and has lots of give.

·
Banned
252 Posts
Another thing i have found that helps with recoil is a Beartooth comb raising kit.Even putting the thinnest piece of the kit on your stock seems to do wonders for your cheek,yes your cheek.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
devastator said:
Another thing i have found that helps with recoil is a Beartooth comb raising kit.Even putting the thinnest piece of the kit on your stock seems to do wonders for your cheek,yes your cheek.
This. A lot of perceived recoil is felt right in the cheek. Even a neoprene shell holder will help with that and if you are running sights or optics of any kind, the Bear Tooth kit is great for eye allignment and recoil reduction. The shooter's friend pads are also rediculously good at absorbing and disperssing recoil at the butt of the gun too.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
I put a pachmeyer decelerator slip on on my Stoeger 2000 and love it for turkeys and waterfowl. Its got a slick pastic top side so it doesnt get stuck on your clothes when you pull up, and definitely reduces quite a bit of recoil, especially from the xx-full non-ported choke and heavy loads.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I have a SIMS Limbsaver on my Browning Upland Special turkey gun and 3 rifles. Makes a huge difference in felt recoil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts