The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought this camp from my Grandad back in 79 before we even had a house. Lots of memories here like my daughters first steps, lots of great hunts, great fishing and great times with family and friends but it'll be for sale soon.

Gonna shed a tear or two when this goes.....

The good news is that it's because we were lucky enough to find a new place thats only a half mile away thats gonna be "home" instead of camp! It's at the end of the road with nothing but the ANF out the back door for almost a mile! Tionesta Lake ia about a 15 minute walk out the back door too. It's on 2 acres, plenty of room inside and out, It's a 3 br house with huge great room with a fireplace and 20 ft vaulted ceiling and 2 loft bedrooms upstairs. There's a white pine on the property thats probably 4 ft diameter at the base that branches 6 ways out with massive branches that just begs to be made into a treehouse for the grandkids. Got lucky..... Found out it'd been empty for 6 years and called the guy. Made a great deal and closed on it this week.

Pics coming soon!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Front of the house

back of house and deck from the ANF side

Even has a garage

It's gonna get log siding, a new fireplace insert, and probably an addition on the front.

As soon as the youngest is done with school, we're moving to Tionesta!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, it's on German Hill just out of Tionesta.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Both great looking places and glad that you found such a place. Still you'll probably will shed a tear or two and it will take a little time not to turn in the old driveway. Congrats enjoy

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's going to be right around 50k. The way things are progressing (slowly) with the new one, it's probably going to be mine for one more winter and sell next spring. I'll be putting it up here first for my fellow HPA'ers and telling anyone who expressed interest first by email or PM in the order I heard from them.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I may be interested as well. Please contact me when your ready.

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
good luck, nice palce

·
Registered
1 Posts
If I'm thinking of the right place your new camp is at the end of the lane that Jeff Six has his garage? If so that will be a great area for you. I've known Jeff as well as The Flicks, and the Wrights who live on the lane just before that for years. All good people and true staples of the community. I live on the hill myself.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's the one. I hunted back that way when there was only one house back in there owned , at that time, by Ray Rogers. Killed my very first whitetail out the ridge from the Hesters place a year or two before they built there. Since you're obviously close to here, it's a pretty sure bet that our paths have crossed before.
Welcome to HPA !

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, it just about took forever but the addition is finally under roof. 70 days for the block/ cement guy to put in a 12x28 foundation and floor and 2 1/2 days for 3 amish carpenters to frame it in and get it under roof. If anyone is planning to build around Tionesta, I can give some good recommendations on who NOT to hire for masonry/cement work and who to hire for the carpentry. I have never seen three guys work so hard, so fast, and with such quality. I never saw a board need a second cut. Not one piece cast aside because of a mistake, the workmanship is nothing short of incredible. Monday, the porch deck will be done and the house wrap will be on. Now that it's under roof, the inside work, windows doors etc will start after deer season. The cement guy, on the other hand was ridiculously slow and made several screw ups including a couple major ones. Come to find out, the amishman I hired would've done the cement work too! If I'd've known then what i learned the hard way, I'd've been able to have the guys up for rifle season. Oh well, I'm just happy that it's finally coming together.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts