The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ladies,

I was wondering good places to get affordable clothes for hunting. I have no desire to freeze my butt off come December, but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg for an outfit I'm only gonna wear a few times a year. My bf was lucky enough to get all his stuff from WalMart for about $30 when they had a sale a week or so ago, but I'm a tad smaller than their smallest men's size.

Also, I had a question about boots. I found a brand new pair of Sorel's on Craigs List for $35. Would anyone recommend these for hunting?

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Sorels are pretty heavy, but if you are not walking far and plan to sit, they are great. Make sure you have a second pair of wool socks so you can change into them as your feet will sweat a little walking. Dry socks will keep your feet warm.

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Ashley,

I'm in the same situation. For about $50., I bought a very nice 1 piece hunting suit in the kids department.

Cost was only $50.00

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Ashley, since you live in Lancaster Co. you probably get the newspaper called the Merchandizer. Keep an eye in the yard sale section for yard sales that have hunting clothes. I have seen some nice stuff for sale at some of these, with very cheap prices. Most are large kids sizes that have been outgrown by there users. I bought a full set of insulated camo clothes a couple of weeks ago for my friend in Md. for a total of $12.00. It looked brand new.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Glad I'm mot a lady, I have a hard enough time finding sale items in my size esp.on clearance, also keeping warm gets harder as I age..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. Dutch, I honestly have no clue where we're hunting, and how much walking we will or won't be doing. I'm basically just following my boyfriend, he's figuring everything out. We're going to Wal-Mart on Monday, so I can price their youth clothes, since there's no way in [censored] I'm fitting into their smallest men's.

Rober, thanks for that. I'll try to find a copy to pick up. I've also been browsing CL, but so far seems to be a no-go for clothes.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Ashley watch Ebay for outgrown hunting clothes. I have a 10 year old girl that grows really fast and have saved quite a bite from there.

Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. We went out to Wal-Mart yesterday and I was able to get a decent pair of pants and a shirt for about $20, so now all I need is a coat, gloves, and my longjohns lol.

I went and tried to Sorel boots on and was really comfortable in them, and this type doesn't seem really heavy. We went out scouting/groundhog hunting in Pequea today, and I wore them to start breaking them in, and they were really comfortable, didn't even need broken in.

Thanks for the help, guys. The bf didn't give me much time to get anything together (I think he still believes he can lure me into duck hunting, so he wanted to get me the clothes ASAP. No thanks!)

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
As far as the sorel boots they are heavy but very very warm! My dad has had a pair for over 10 yrs now and has never had a problem with the keeping his feet warm! Better than any other boot so he says!

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
There is a company called She Safari owned by a woman hunter who makes clothing to fit women. I don't know how costly they are but good hunting clothes last a long time.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Ashley said:
Hey ladies,

Also, I had a question about boots. I found a brand new pair of Sorel's on Craigs List for $35. Would anyone recommend these for hunting?
sorels at that price is a steal. My father bought a pair when he was in his early 20's and had them until he started hunting with me in his early 40's. So that should tell you how long the can last.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Dick's has a line of Field and Stream clothes that they make in youth sizes at a lower price. I recently got my girlfriend a pair of insulated bibs and an insulated jacket in a youth extra large size and they were only $49.99 a piece. Might be worth checking out for those that can fit into youth sizes.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Where are you located. If you live in Central PA. try the Sportsmans Liquidation Outlet Stores in York or Hanover. They have a nice selection of small sizes and a bunch of SheSafari and the prices are super cheap. Can't miss with their prices. At least 50% less than the rest of the big retail stores. Check'em out and let me know how you make out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts