The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wyoming antelope and Idaho spring bear hunts are both doable and. If you wanted each can be a diy hunt as well... Lots of fun on both hunts.. You would have to double check but I think you can still buy 2 bear tags in Idaho as well

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
My 2 cents. And this is strictly me. After several trips to AK I can’t see myself spending money elsewhere. I want to move there yesterday. Already planning a 2021 float hunt for moose, bear, caribou plus fishing. A 12 day float self guided door to door under $3000.00. I will do a fishing trip next year. That will be $1600 door to door. 8 days fishing. Hard to beat those costs for the size of the adventure.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Buckskin trophy outfitters in Ohio you will see deer and have a chance to take a nice one for around $5000 for both of you. They do hunt over bait if that makes a difference. Jarrod is a top notch guy.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Are you bowhunting or gun hunting? If you're bowhunting it's pretty tough to find a more enjoyable (no stress) hunt than bowhunting stingrays along Maryland's Eastern Shore. For less than a grand the two of you can spend the day elbow to elbow, cutting up, shooting until you can't see straight, and chasing rays up and down the sandbars like a scene from jaws. It is nothing but fun from the time you step on the boat until you step off. We even motored into the boardwalk at Ocean City the last trip to weigh a ray. If you're interested in an outfitter pm me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
If you get a chance to go to some outdoor shows and talk to the outfitters it would give you a good idea of what your looking for and what hunt in your price range you can afford. All these outfitters have brochures with info about their hunt, prices, places to stay, meals, what to hunt with rifle or bow ect. I picked 2 outfitters from the Harrisburg Great Outdoor Show and both hunts, one bear in Maine and one wild boar in Vermont were successful. Good luck whatever you choose.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If your son wants a bear. Look into a bear hunt with hounds in Maine. The hunt we did was $2500 a piece. Everything was included lodging,meals,and guides. Ever day was action packed something I think a young man would enjoy. We got 7 bears in 4 days. If you more information let me know.

·
Registered
372 Posts
If you want to see a lot of game I’d do an antelope hunt in Wyoming. You’ll see hundreds of head a day as well as the scenery. If you can shoot straight you’ll each get your animals no problem.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yeah I was just reading up on that. If they have combo bear/deer that would be awesome. My son really would love to get a bear.
If you're looking for a bear hunt I recommend W.T. outfitters in Quebec. They have a father son package, think it's $1900. Probably about a 10 1/2 hr. drive from you. Good time and lots of bear. I have been going with them for 12 years, shot 7 bear and ashamed to admit hit 3 that got away! Passed up several more. Always a good time ! If you need more info you can PM me.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts