The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some opinions on what to put on my Avery Quickset to make it not look like a camo box on top of my boat. I have some bundled Killer Grass that I drape over the top once the blind is up but it's pretty messy. Keep in mind it does not have stubble straps.

My son peeking out over the top. The straight line at the top of the blind frame is what I'm trying to eliminate.

Ideas?

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was thinking of maybe military cargo netting instead of the Avery blind material? But I'd probably still have the box look?

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Chris, We make square frames out of wood and then stapled camo burlap to them. We have three on the boat that we attached with zip ties to the top rail on one side that cover the opening. That way we can just flip them open and they hang over the side when we want to shoot. When we're sitting we just keep them closed.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
The other thing we do is zip tie killer weed to the blind. We'll also grab some tall decorative grass from the back yard after is turns brown and zip tie it to the rails. Some of it sticks up higher than the blind and some of it sticks off the front to break up the outline.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
we zip tie grass panels on ours. heres an old pic i snapped, the tops flipped down but you can see the grass a bit.

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
Do you have the panels that go on the blind underneath the camo material?

I have used individual bunches of Killer Grass spaced a few feet apart and wire tied to the camo material. I have also used grass mats. The grass mats came from party supply stores. They use them as skirts for tables. They run about 30 inches high and 6 to 8 foot long. I kept them rolled up in the boat and then just hung the mats on the side to break up the outline.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Not sure why, and may not work on the boat blind, but them darn cedar branches never seem to bother the ducks, and break up that line nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts