The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good clay pigeon thrower. I had a number of Truis throwers over the years but am looking for something that really lasts - strong and durable. I am more concerned with quality than price. Can anyone recomend a brand/model? And were it can be purchased? Something that could be used as a gun club would. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
846 Posts
look at atlastraps.com

My club purchased one in the fall - -the usage of this at our club is more on a personal level than a steady club usage. We bought one of these traps for our traphouse. The warranty is good, price is good and is all USA made.

We ordered directly from the factory - service was good.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Lincoln or the old Western's if the price does not matter. The Atlas traps are not that bad for a casual use trap. What type of targets are you looking at throwing? Most automatics need adapters for the 60mm, 90mm, battue's and then rabbits are another story all together.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure of the targets - I don't know that much about them. The advice looks good - exactly what I was looking for. I have a cabin and want to be able to leave it set up - with a cover of some sort. I have an 11 year old who is just starting, and I could use the practice - after a humbling rabbit hunt a couple weeks ago.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
A good way to do it is mount it on a trailer, then you can move it where you want it and you can put the trailer in a garage or shed for safe keeping.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Lincoln traps are the best you can buy in my opinion, but a bit pricey. For casual use, look at a du-all trap. The are a good price, and will throw any target. They will also give you many angles, and different target presentations. Simple to use also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts