The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks, need some help.
This is the third time my QAD HDX screwed up and required replacement. Couldn't tune it for nothing. The tune on my bow was perfect, then wham, the rest arm wouldn't drop on time like the last like the last two. IM DONE... Rip cord? Trophy Taker??? What yous guys think???

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
We never had any trouble with the arms not falling quick enough? Sounds like the cord length wasn't adjusted correctly when it was attached to the cable? You only want it long enough that it just brings the arms up when you draw, could be it was too short?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking that... but the last 2 times the problem was inside my rest, so QAD sent me new ones. They are great on the warranty, but this happened three times. I checked it and the cord is placed and adjusted properly.

·
Registered
8,666 Posts
I've been shooting a Trophy Ridge Revolution rest for four years..no malfunctions!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Hamskea is something to think about. They have a very solid product. I also have a Ripcord Ace that I have never had a problem with.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I really like my Ripcord Ace. I just bought it this year but so far it has worked just fine. My previous rest was a QAD HDX.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I have been using QAD HDX's since 2012 or so. It's really strange you have had so many issues. I love mine. I don't like Limbdriven rests, I hate the long cord and many don't stay up on let down. Some don't care about that, to me it's a feature I like.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I have never had any issues with a QAD or Limbdriver or Ripcord. I always set the timing of my rest on a draw board so I can make sure it's set up perfect.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welp, first thank you for all the advice. I always appreciate it, and come to this forum for help. I am glad to report its NOT THE REST... when my yearly tune up was done, the shop DID NOT have my bow in spec. The ATA was off, as everything else. Now it is, and the No Cam is shooting better then when I bought it. One thing I learned, I am buying my own shop for the house, and I am going to figure out how to do my own work. I was pretty mad when I found this out, but I really care a lot about the folks at the shop, and they did right by me. Just glad I will always have 60X strings to buy. Happy Hunting folks.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Pahack said:
Welp, first thank you for all the advice. I always appreciate it, and come to this forum for help. I am glad to report its NOT THE REST... when my yearly tune up was done, the shop DID NOT have my bow in spec. The ATA was off, as everything else. Now it is, and the No Cam is shooting better then when I bought it. One thing I learned, I am buying my own shop for the house, and I am going to figure out how to do my own work. I was pretty mad when I found this out, but I really care a lot about the folks at the shop, and they did right by me. Just glad I will always have 60X strings to buy. Happy Hunting folks.
started to do my own work about 12 years ago and have a handful of people that i would trust to work on my bow if i couldnt.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts