The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a friend and he wants to take his wife hunting this year can she get a licence or does she have to go through the hunters saftey course?

·
Registered
100 Posts
im sure its recommened that they take the course but she can get it without doing so. Had a friend last year get his for the 1st time without taking the course

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
LymeLuck said:
im sure its recommened that they take the course but she can get it without doing so. Had a friend last year get his for the 1st time without taking the course
That is illegal and immoral as well!

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
archeryhunter1 said:
ok i have a friend and he wants to take his wife hunting this year can she get a licence or does she have to go through the hunters saftey course?
Have her take the course....not only is it the only legal way it's for everyone's safety!

Here's a link to the available courses:

Hunter-Trapper Education Classes

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
archeryhunter1 said:
ok great thanks for the help guys i will let him know and have a great season
You're welcome! You have a great season too!

·
Registered
100 Posts
sorry i did not realize that. I remember back when i took mine along time ago it was a youth hunter saftey traing class i belived it said so on the orange card they gave at the end. So i always figured thats all it was. Learn something everyday. Thanks also

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
The questoin is: Is the wife going to be carrying a gun and shooting at game or is she just tagging along? Don't need a license just to tag along.

·
Registered
718 Posts
years ago you could get away without taking the course but now that its all computerized it cant be done. my father hunted for twenty years and never took the course until I did.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
If I'm not mistaken (and someone will correct me if I'm wrong) it wasn't mandatory to take the course until the early 80's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts