The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
13,261 Posts
i'll wait to pass judgement on mr peterson.

i'd bet that my folks "abused" me & my siblings, and i did the same to my kids according to some peoples opinions. child abuse is very often a very subjective term, depending on who you ask, and has been becoming a bigger social issue as child disipline in this country seems to be disappearing.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
while spankings alone are controversial enough these days, (sure, I had plenty of my own growing up) using anything other than a bare hand, and certainly a switch that leaves scars and tears the flesh....is out of question. He'll be suspended for a long time on this one. Should also be a civil suit.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
John Henry said:
while spankings alone are controversial enough these days, (sure, I had plenty of my own growing up) using anything other than a bare hand, and certainly a switch that leaves scars and tears the flesh....is out of question. He'll be suspended for a long time on this one. Should also be a civil suit.
+1
Not to mention the kid was only 4 years old !
I will take it a step further and say he should be kicked out of the league !

It amazes me that guys are getting fined for what once were legal hits and all the other stupid on the field crap that they worry about these days, when the real issues are what's going on outside these stadiums.

Time for the NFL to start making examples of these guys.

·
Registered
21,034 Posts
John Henry said:
I agree... Although I was spanked with wooden spoons and belts, they never left scars or tore the flesh and I wasn't 4 years old, I was old enough to know better and deserved every one of them. I can't imagine someone inflicting this type of punishment on a 4 yo with a stick. For someone to do this, he must have serious anger problems.

·
Registered
13,261 Posts
anyone ever heard of photoshop?

while those pics could be legit, they also could be bogus. not defending mr peterson, just not ready to throw him to the lions cus someone showed some pics on the internet.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
yellodog said:

while those pics could be legit, they also could be bogus. not defending mr peterson, just not ready to throw him to the lions cus someone showed some pics on the internet.
Some of the major news networks showed the photos this morning.
I find it hard to believe they would risk their credibility if they were not 100% sure they were legit.

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
steelhead125 said:
yellodog said:

I find it hard to believe they would risk their credibility if they were not 100% sure they were legit.
I don't think they news networks worry about their credibility anymore. They only worry about reporting it first. I am withholding judgment until all of the facts come out.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
cspot said:
steelhead125 said:
yellodog said:

I don't think they news networks worry about their credibility anymore. They only worry about reporting it first. I am withholding judgment until all of the facts come out.
News media credibility...now that's funny stuff.

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
I think we should put Rice and Peterson in an elevator, and push the 15th floor button. give Peterson a switch and let Rice try and sucker punch him. When the doors open on the 15th, whoever is standing receives a lifetime suspension from the NFL and the looser goes to jail for assault.

Neither one are worth a speck of dust. They were told from the time they were playing Pop Warner football they were special and the fools actually believed it.

·
Registered
20,461 Posts
I'll reserve judgment too, but don't expect Petersons punishment to be anywhere near as severe as that of Rice, if the photos are legit. Peterson is too big a star in the NFL and nothing severe will happen unless there is some type of public backlash. The NFL cares only about how this affects the bottom line. They will react accordingly.

·
4,228 Posts
While he admitted to hitting his child with a switch I can't look at those pictures and know without a doubt they are legit.

If it proves they are and he really did do that to his child then shame on him and punish him accordingly.

I was hit with far more than the bare hand of my mother. Heck, after a few screw ups and lessons learned all it took was the threat of "Don't make Pap take off his belt" and we stopped.

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
The boy is 4. From what I gather, those pictures are indeed legit. And yes, Peterson did admit to it, and sent a text off to the boys mother that she was going to be mad at him (Peterson) for getting him again ? (the dicipline part I assume)... and that is paraphrasing on my part. If it's all legit. and he did that to that little boy, forget NFL matters, I believe that warrants jail time, no ?

·
20,123 Posts
Considering HIPPA Laws these days and ramifications for breaking them I find it very hard to believe that those photo's are legit. It's just plain illegal! With way, I see absolutely nothing wrong with whacking a 4 year old but he shouldn't have used a narrow little 'switch'. There really is no excuse to cause damage when spanking a kid. Although I dont spank my 10 and 12 year olds anymore I tanned there backsides often growing up from ages 2-8 probably. Used my hand or a wooden spoon and never ever once in a manner that would injure anything other then their pride. I wasn't treated softly growing up and I am soooo grateful for that. Wasn't at the time though lol. This is just a poor decision on this guys part. You can't hit anyone with that sort of object. Just get out a whip if that's the route you wanna go from pete sakes

1 - 20 of 40 Posts