The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
11,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forum seems slower to load with these new banners too. Waiting for it when going from one forum or post, to another.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
guys your feedback is greatly appreciated as is your patience. for years there has been idle space all over this website and different areas are being tested for ad placement. if nothing else to fill a void or even add some interest.

The topics of these ads during testing will be very general and seem out of place but will focus more on our interests over time.

i do apologize if they seem a pain or a bother but in the competitive world of the internet they are becoming a necessary. We keep the use of the site as a TOP priority always, we had ads as much as you do but like anything FREE to join they are necessary!

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Slowed down my PC when on this site. Really getting discouraged as it seem likes I went back to inner net stoneage "dial up".

I refuse to pay more for higher speed inner net service just for my viewing pleasures.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Slowed my computer down as well. But you guys have to remember nothing is free in life. I'll gladly take a few more ads and a little slower browser to be able to keep the lights on here and still enjoy the great website that was built and is maintained for all of us to use and enjoy at our pleasure.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
I'm seeing a Cabelas ad at the top. And a Jimmy Johns ad at the bottom.

Neither ad is moving. I have no problem with these. I can still read the page.

When things are moving on a web page, though, I cannot read the page.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
RB-HPA said:
guys your feedback is greatly appreciated as is your patience. for years there has been idle space all over this website and different areas are being tested for ad placement. if nothing else to fill a void or even add some interest.

The topics of these ads during testing will be very general and seem out of place but will focus more on our interests over time.

i do apologize if they seem a pain or a bother but in the competitive world of the internet they are becoming a necessary. We keep the use of the site as a TOP priority always, we had ads as much as you do but like anything FREE to join they are necessary!
They are where the sponsors banners were at though.......seems a bit absurd to me......

·
Registered
16,450 Posts
EVER TIME my cursor tracks over the Honda banner, it links me into their advertisement. I can see if I choose to click on it, then it taking me there. But, simply passing over it with the cursor and it directing me out is completely annoying. I may not be uber-savvy here, but is there a way I can stop that from happening ? I've been directed there 20 times already

·
Registered
25,472 Posts
That cussed Honda banner does the same to me almost everytime I "log on" here. Figured out if ya click on the red "check it out" box in the ad, you can close the ad immediately and get back to the site.

I'm so steamed now, I'll never buy a Honda UTV.

·
Super Moderator
26,451 Posts
Fleroo said:
EVER TIME my cursor tracks over the Honda banner, it links me into their advertisement. I can see if I choose to click on it, then it taking me there. But, simply passing over it with the cursor and it directing me out is completely annoying. I may not be uber-savvy here, but is there a way I can stop that from happening ? I've been directed there 20 times already
Don't let your cursor hover over the ad?

·
Registered
16,450 Posts
I'm so steamed now, I'll never buy a Honda UTV.
Much too late for me now. I own 3 of 'em, and would add a 4th in a heartbeat if I could somehow secretively slip it into the garage.

Oh, and, I replied to you on a thread of mine in the handgun forum a few moons ago. Curious to hear your concerns regarding Glock's. You can PM if you care to, or share in the thread..... again, if you care to.

Don't let your cursor hover over the ad?
Why thank you Sherlock Holmes. LOL I was taking the circuitous routes around it for the most part,but obviously have many slip-ups.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts