The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that Joe and Dan Ackourey in Luzerne, PA are out of business. Anyone know a good bow shop that knows how to restring my Ten Point near Wilkes Barre?

·
Registered
658 Posts
You could try Lonesome Road Archery on Main Street in Taylor. As a last resort, I do believe that Gander Mountain can do a restring.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the Lonesome Road tip. I'd prefer a mechanic who knows what he's doing as opposed to someone who has worked on bows, but not familiar with crossbows.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
DadHuntsNow said:
It appears that Joe and Dan Ackourey in Luzerne, PA are out of business. Anyone know a good bow shop that knows how to restring my Ten Point near Wilkes Barre?
I agree too with Lonesome Road in Taylor.

There is also The Bow Clinic in Dupont. He has been around for many years. I've gone to him several times with my compound a few years ago.
I am not sure if he works on Xbows or not. Give him a call.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Is it a fact that Ackourey's is out of business? Website is still up, but I haven't been there in a while so I was just curious.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I know that J S sporting goods in Wilkes-Barre sells Excaliburs and did sell Barnetts or Hortons. I know they are carrying a line of crossbows that are listed in the inside cover of the Game Regs book. They are listed as a dealer. They might be able to hook you up. I used to go there quite a bit fro archery and fly fishing gear. Every time you went in it looked like they had less and less in stock. Thats too bad. Another local business may have bit the dust.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all of the suggestions. The bow I need restrung is the ProFusion, which with a new camo pattern is now the Titan. A simple basic compound. Archery shop in Larksville sells that model (only crossbow they have on the rack} but it's familiar, so I'll have them do it. I'll let you know how I make out.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
If they know how many twists to put in the string and cables you should be just fine.

Pro Fusion takes a HCA-115 or HCA-115C string and HCA-124 or HCA-124C cable set. The "C" designation is camo string or cable. If your bow has camo strings and cables they must be replaced with camo strings and cables.
Twists- string takes 13 twists and cables take 13 twists.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks arrowhead. I appreciate your answer. If you were closer, we would be talking business, but I would prefer to not have to ship the bow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts