The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 6PT GT Flex with a 10 PT 3-line scope, shooting Gold Tip Laser II arrows, with Slick Trick 125 4-blades. My field points are a little low at 30 yds but the blades are a good 6 inches below the center circle (3 inch orange). Is it normal for blades to shoot that far off field point accuracy? And how many clicks to bring it up?
Thanks!

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Windage is good? If so, are your field points and broadheads the same weight?

Not familiar with the adjustments on TenPoint scopes enough to tell you how many clicks elevation.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Windage is OK, never had a problem with these field points and 125gr blades in my compound bow.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
I like to find broadheads that shoot pretty close to my field points. Just makes practicing easier. I like Slick Tricks alot. If the Tricks are grouping good from ten yards out to thirty, maybe try a heavier field point to see if they shoot closer to the broadheads.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Same here, I want my broadheads and field points to fly nearly identical. Your best arrow flight comes with points that fly the same.
As a general rule, 20 clicks at 20 yards moves 1 inch.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I adjusted the scope up about 20 clicks, and at 30 yds, the broadheads flew somewhat better. I tried out my old Muzzy 125's. There was not much difference. I weighed the Slick Tricks, Muzzys, and my field points. All weigh the same. The Muzzy was about 2 inches right of the 3 inch target circle, the ST was 2 inches left, and the field point was a bulls-eye. Heck, maybe it's me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts