The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 6 accubonds that the plastic tips have fallen out of. Ordered online and they were shipped that way and i cant send them back. So my question is would they still be safe to shoot just to get rid of them? Next time i will have to find a shop that sells them so i can check each one in the box. Thanks

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
I would take pics and email to nosler, you will probably get something in return. It will be perfectly safe to shoot them without the tips. Personally I would just a take a speck of glue and put them back in place and use them.

I never had a problem with nosler but I did have a problem with a few Barnes TTSX tips being offset, all in the same box. All they said was use them.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Honestly I just don't remember if they offered anything. He did say it wouldn't matter which I'm not sure if I believe, but he may be right. It is off to one side but as it rotates it would be off equal amounts at every point in the 360 degree rotation. Possibly it would just degrade the BC a little. There were about 3-5 with a visible offset, the pic was the worst.

I know I just shot those up as I zeroed the scope POI changing from the TSX to these. If it did affect accuracy it was a miniscule amount.

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
It won't affect accuracy. The "tip" is designed to help the HP start expanding and to increase BC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts